Amos: LP/Slim Firmware Suggestions

Everything Phatty.
Amos

Re: Amos: LP/Slim Firmware Suggestions

Post by Amos » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi, I happen to be working on Little Phatty firmware today. :)

I can't control the external audio input level in firmware; it's not possible. The external audio has no hardware VCA, therefore you must control the external signal level yourself, before you apply it to the LP. Sorry about that!

Things I am doing right now for the LP:

- trying to fix polychaining so that it never loses count of any notes
- fixing MIDI Time Code vulnerability
- reading this thread to see if there's anything else I can do...

as usual, I have to fight for every byte of code space, as there's really none left... but I keep finding creative ways to get a little bit more :)

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks Amos.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi Amos. This is great news!!
Thanks for keeping us informed :)

mrkennethdel

Post by mrkennethdel » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:55 am

It'd be super sweet if you could squeeze LFO Rate Key Tracking in there!!!

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Think I found a bug..

When I connect a midi din cable from MIDI OUT(merging the input) on my Slim Phatty-1, it sends the button messages: sync, octave, mod source and mod destination to my Slim Phatty-2 :arrow: without the SP1 set to send any CCs. All other controlls doesnt send anything, only the buttons generating CCs.
Its impossible to turn this off when using the merge function on the output..

Sofine

Post by Sofine » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:15 am

Amos wrote:Hi, I happen to be working on Little Phatty firmware today. :)

as usual, I have to fight for every byte of code space, as there's really none left... but I keep finding creative ways to get a little bit more :)
If there were any way to allow the LP stage 1 to pass midi clock from an external device to the midi out, that would be fantastic!

dshook

Post by dshook » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi Amos - very excited to hear you are working on this - just a friendly reminder about this bug (LFO Clock Div settings not saving):
dshook wrote:Hey Amos - really looking forward to the next Slim update - you guys are awesome. I think you already know about this one, but there is a bug in saving LFO clock divisions to presets - they always end up back at their defaults.
Cheers!
Looking forward!

Dan

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Sofine wrote:

If there were any way to allow the LP stage 1 to pass midi clock from an external device to the midi out, that would be fantastic!
Not possible without the stage 2 upgrade. The stage 2 and slim have a 2nd processor that handles midi. The stage 1 and tribute use one processor for midi and the rest of the synth. It can't handle the load.

Sofine

Post by Sofine » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:26 am

Sir Nose wrote:
Sofine wrote:

Not possible without the stage 2 upgrade. The stage 2 and slim have a 2nd processor that handles midi. The stage 1 and tribute use one processor for midi and the rest of the synth. It can't handle the load.
Oh, thanks for that Sir Nose. Pity about that, but not the end of the world!

Tuskerfort

Post by Tuskerfort » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:30 am

Amos wrote: ... reading this thread to see if there's anything else I can do...
Not sure if this will fit in the code but ....

Could we please have a software toggle to keep the gate open? Ideally something that could be saved at the patch level?

It's fantastic that the Slim has patch memory, allowing live players to switch sounds easily. Some of the sounds the Slim is great at doing are drones and external processing applications. If the Slim is sitting in a rack (or even if it isn't), using the gate plug in the back of the instrument is really not practical for live players. Having software control of the gate would fully utilize the benefits of patch memory. Thanks for considering this,

Jerry

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:03 am

Tuskerfort wrote:

Could we please have a software toggle to keep the gate open? Ideally something that could be saved at the patch level?

It's fantastic that the Slim has patch memory, allowing live players to switch sounds easily. Some of the sounds the Slim is great at doing are drones and external processing applications. If the Slim is sitting in a rack (or even if it isn't), using the gate plug in the back of the instrument is really not practical for live players. Having software control of the gate would fully utilize the benefits of patch memory. Thanks for considering this,

Jerry

Jerry -
Here's a work around you might want to try:

Wire a remote toggle or on/off pushbutton switch into your dummy plug, with the switch contact wired across the tip & sleeve of the TRS dummy plug.
With the switch in the "closed" position, the Phatty gate should operate normally.
With the switch in the "open" position", the gate should stay closed, and you can drone.

Could be useful until that option might be implemented in software.

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:32 am

Sofine wrote:If there was any way to allow the LP Stage 1 to pass MIDI Clock
from an external device to the MIDI Out, that would be fantastic!
Hi Sofine,

Obviously not as elegant as having MIDI Clock pass through the Phatty,
but here's a $39.99 solution:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDIthru2/
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:16 pm

Stuka wrote:
Tuskerfort wrote:

Jerry

Jerry -
Here's a work around you might want to try:

Wire a remote toggle or on/off pushbutton switch into your dummy plug, with the switch contact wired across the tip & sleeve of the TRS dummy plug.
With the switch in the "closed" position, the Phatty gate should operate normally.
With the switch in the "open" position", the gate should stay closed, and you can drone.

Could be useful until that option might be implemented in software.

Randy
Just get one of these:
..and a standard jack cable.(TS)

ttimotthhtty

Post by ttimotthhtty » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Hello Amos,

Please: Send Current Panel via CC (or any external command).

Please.

Vitja

Post by Vitja » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Yes! This is must have! Actually to send all cc, so we could store them into DAW. It would be super useful, especially for Ableton Live, since it can't handle sysex.
Gear:Slim Phatty, Arturia Minibrute, Casio MT-600, MF-101,MF-102,MF104Z,MP-201,CP-251,Ibanez John Scofield, PRS custom 24, circuit bent Kawai R-100,Circuit Bent Roland TR-505, Boss Dr55, Akai MPK 25, Ensoniq DP/4, RME Fireface 800, tons of guitar effects.