Minifooger Demo

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
Bald Eagle

Minifooger Demo

Post by Bald Eagle » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:31 am

EMwhite

Re: Minifooger Demo

Post by EMwhite » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:40 am

Good to see somebody play a synth through them but this is NOT a good demo.

Poor selection of patches and arp patterns, not sure his levels are ideal to show off what the pedals can do. Since they are voiced for Guitar first, you will really need to struggle in order to get synth tones to pop out in a before/after comparison.

Especially poor in the MF Boost portion of the demo. A typical passive pickup arrangement on guitar only has so much output but when coupled with a Boost pedal of any type and pushed into a Tube based amp the result is dramatic. In this case, he's taking the output and pushing it directly into an audio interface (likely) so all it will do is be louder until it digitally clips; not a desired scenario.

A good demo of the MF Drive is the one that I am most interested in (for my Bass VI and otherwise) and the fact that he has the low-pass filter on the Phatty set around 1 o'clock already cuts off some of the tasty harmonics that the pedal SHOULD do some magic with.

But hey, I'm not putting any demos out there so who am I to complain... :lol: He also mentions "bundles" but there isn't even a mention of the MiniFoogers on their web site or in there eBay store. Sort of explains why Nova has gone downhill. I used to buy piles of Moog gear from them but since they closed what used to be an aggressive retail presence and a jam packed web site, they are now a small/quiet eBay only retailer with only modest discounts and zero expertise or value add.

This Sweetwater demo, on the other hand is pretty good (though Guitar based) If only Mitch would get out of his chair and stomp on an expression pedal. Dan would go the other direction and gyrate around a Theremin and I'm not sure that would be easy to stomach either; but I do think this is a good demo: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MFoogerDrive/ (scroll down)
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!