Sub Phatty: envelope bug ?

Everything Sub.
maomao

Sub Phatty: envelope bug ?

Post by maomao » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:19 am

Something weird is happening with my Sub Phatty updated to last firmware. Starting from scratch I can't make a fast snapping attack sound. So I picked up a very fast attack preset from the librarian (HS_MiniDanceChor) and it sounds amazing fast BUT simply touching something on the panel (volume too) the snappiness disapperar ! The only way to have the snap attack back is to reload the preset using the preset button. I tried moving a little bit the cutoff and snappiness disappear (nosense), tried changing octave and back and snappiness disappear (nosense), touch whatever you want and snappiness disappear. This sounds like a bug to me.

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong or if there is something to fix.

thanks in advance,
Mauro.

maomao

Re: Sub Phatty: envelope bug ?

Post by maomao » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:33 am

It seems my SP is not working properly.

I checked again using the editor and midi-ox and the problem is that my EG AMOUNT pot moves (sending the midi cc too) the AMP ATTACK too (it's like they're chained togheter). All the other knobs seems to work both in stand alone and in the editor. Using the editor everything is fine, but using the Sub Phatty panel, the attack pot on the SP makes nothing but weird micro movement on the editor, while moving the EG AMOUNTpot on the SP makes both the virtual pot (EG AMOUNTand AMP ATTACK) move chained. I don't know if it's a hardware problem or firmware, I'm using 2.0.1. What shall I do ?

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:59 am

Does the problem occur without midi connected?

maomao

Post by maomao » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:58 am

Yes, but I made all the possibile test.
The error occour with midi, with USB, with both and without any connection at all. It's easy to catch it by ear, when you move the EG Amp the attach change to slow even if it was previously setted to zero.

I tried uploading the new firmware again (the firmware only, not the uploader). But nothing changed.

maomao

Post by maomao » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:26 pm

It's an hardware problem, confirmed. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dino78

Post by Dino78 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:11 am

Hello,
my Sub Phatty has a strage behavior too. Did yours have been serviced?

Dino

BrufordRules

Post by BrufordRules » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:24 am

:shock:

I am considering buying a Sub Phatty but it seems to have a lot of issues so far. it's hard to make a decision at this point.

I hope you guys can solve your problems soon.

bucephalus

Post by bucephalus » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Mine hasn't got this problem.

BrufordRules

Post by BrufordRules » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:35 am

bucephalus wrote:Mine hasn't got this problem.
Good to hear that.