Sub Phatty Editor with Duet 2 ios

Everything Sub.
enfermo

Sub Phatty Editor with Duet 2 ios

Post by enfermo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:39 am

I have the newest Duet 2 which has the Midi USB jack built in.

I cant get the editor to work when pluging in the USB cable from the Sub Phatty to the Duet. In "Preferences" it shows in Editor settings "duet" in "midi in" and "midi output". However, in the bottom left it says "harware not connected".

On the otherhand, I plug the usb from sub phatty straight to computer usb jack and everything is ok.

Am I doing something wrong? I would really like to use duets usb jack as this saves an extra usb on my laptop for external HD.

nofuturenocore

Re: Sub Phatty Editor with Duet 2 ios

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Hello,

I'm not sure about this but what I know is that Windows doesn't allow virtual share of a physical port.
So to have the Editor working with the SubP VST Editor in your DAW you must have MIDI cables In & Out for VST or SubP and USB for the other.

This is not the case with Mac OSX.

So maybe when you plug it into your soundcard, the OS can't share the USB port between the SubP and the Editor.

But like I said this is just a hypothesis.

Hope this help. The better thing to verify if it's the case is to try to make the procedure as a Windows user;
Using USB for the SubP trough the Apogee Duet 2 and MIDI cables to an other midi interface which isn't activated in your DAW as midi device to see if this is the problem.

enfermo

Re: Sub Phatty Editor with Duet 2 ios

Post by enfermo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:39 pm

This is what the people of apogee told

"The USB MIDI input on the Duet only works with CoreMIDI-compliant MIDI controllers. The Plugin editor probably does not use CoreMIDI data, so you would need to connect the Subphatty's USB cable directly to the laptop."