Sub Phatty firmware update problem

Everything Sub.
khalbert

Sub Phatty firmware update problem

Post by khalbert » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:31 pm

After attempting to updating firmware with the bootloader v2 and firmware v2.79, my synth will not boot up - only the MIDI LED is activated, no other LEDs or switches. I'm dead in the water at the moment. Is there a method to perform a hard reset? Please advise.

Thanks!

nofuturenocore

Re: Sub Phatty firmware update problem

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Hello.

Do the Subphatty make a Note calibration after the firmware update ? or it stopped responding after the firmware update ?

Be sure to not make a bootloader update a second time. It can cause some problems.
Amos wrote:If you already updated the bootloader of your Sub Phatty and updated to v2 firmware,

DO NOT send the bootloader-updater sysex file a second time.

This file will be included in the official release of the Editor, and in the update instructions, so I want to be sure you know that you don’ need to, and should not, follow this step.

Beta testers who ran the bootlader-updater a couple of weeks ago are in fact using a transitional version of the bootloader, which is identical to the final release version except for a single vulnerability, which we discovered by accidentally sending the bootloader-updater twice in a row. This caused the bootloader to lock up. So, don’t repeat our experiment.

We will need to create a new updated bootloader-updated especially for the beta testers… I will send out another email when this happens, with a link and instructions for the update.

In the meanwhile, the important thing to note is that you can update to the new firmware, you just skip the step about updating the bootloader because you’ve already done that part, unlike all the non-beta-testers out there.

khalbert

Post by khalbert » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Amos,

I can't do anything - there is no communication via USB (i.e. the SP is not recognized as a MIDI device anymore). The only thing lit up on the SP is the MIDI activity LED.

Thanks!
k

mmarsh100

Post by mmarsh100 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:41 am

Sometimes on my Mac, the SubP shows up as 'USB MIDI Device'. If you see this in the list of devices, try using it to send the update.

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:06 pm

But if you try to use your SubP alone, without the computer, is i working ?

khalbert

Post by khalbert » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:29 pm

No the SP is dead, except for the MIDI activity LED.

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:08 am

Okay, so sorry but at this point i can't help you more it never happen to me. The better thing to do, I think,is to wait for an answer from Amos.

breun

Post by breun » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:59 am

And even better than that might be just contacting Moog Support.

khalbert

Post by khalbert » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:06 pm

I have tried twice to contact support via email. Guess I will have to call (not easy - gotta day job).

khalbert

Post by khalbert » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Cool I got an RMA arranged they're gonna fix it ASAP. :)