using my T3 again!!!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
hieronymous

using my T3 again!!!

Post by hieronymous » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:18 pm

I finally dusted off the T3 and took it to a gig! Well, actually I didn't dust it off, I noticed it was really dusty when I had it out in the sun - gotta invest in a cover or gig bag for it! Anyhoo, I finally started using it in my current band and took it to a recent outdoor gig. Here's a pic:

I put it through a JBL Icon powered speaker - I think I could have turned it up a little bit. I didn't end up using it that much, but you can just hear it at the end of this soundclip:

https://soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seve ... -rev-harry

Anyone else gigging with their T3 recently?

psynthetic

Re: using my T3 again!!!

Post by psynthetic » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:55 am

I've never gigged with my T3 but i love that you are, these things were designed to be super ergonomic for live playing and i'm keen as to get mine on stage one day (once i can find a decent road case.. the Moog ones are unavailable been looking at these http://www.swanflight.com/moog-taurus-3 ... -case.html ).
Been putting plenty of hours on it in the studio lately and started experimenting with distortion pedals (EHX deluxe bass Big Muff Pi).

I think when i start playing mine live i might be using it sitting down with a keyboard/voyager (XL? I hope so..) and Ableton "Push" controller.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:54 am

Wow cool :)

I cannot listen right now, but I will :)

hieronymous

Post by hieronymous » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:41 pm

I've got the original case - it's for sale if anyone's interested! My car isn't big enough! :lol: And I just don't need that much protection for the level I'm playing at.

I am really psyched to be using it again. I've even gotten comfortable enough with the controls to be able to adjust and save patches! My only complaint is the size of the unit - would love to pick up a Minitaur to use with my PK-5 controller for certain things. But between one of my cats getting sick and then having to be put to sleep and my car getting broken into there is NO new gear in my future... :(

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:17 pm

I'd be interested for the right price and if you're happy to ship it to Australia. PM me what you had in mind?

francesco

Post by francesco » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:15 am

Just some minutes to go:
My setup is the T3 and the pedaltrain on the right side of the T3.
And last year in the studio:
Music:http://plueschkatapult.bandcamp.com/
And my 'ole soulband, playing a reunion gig last year (I used the T3 only for some really deep sub basses in a few Prince songs. There was a big PA, the sound guys were really impressed):
https://www.youtube.com/user/66superfly Please visit, there is always some Moog in it!

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:14 pm

great synth, classic one
pity the attention seems a bit over for it, even the t3 userforum of moog seems to have vanished , at least from the mentioning on this forumpage....
i think it's one good investment of moog , regarding some of the offspins
and i'm still happy with it, great pedal, nice interface, a bit heavy and not so reat grips, but overall very nice instrument

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:40 am

Love my T3! Even got into programming some fun patches with it recently, but nothing musically appealing. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:08 am

Voltor07 wrote:Love my T3! Even got into programming some fun patches with it recently, but nothing musically appealing. :lol:
Some sound or it does not exist ;)

Baker69

Post by Baker69 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:26 pm

hieronymous wrote:I finally dusted off the T3 and took it to a gig! Well, actually I didn't dust it off, I noticed it was really dusty when I had it out in the sun - gotta invest in a cover or gig bag for it! Anyhoo, I finally started using it in my current band and took it to a recent outdoor gig. Here's a pic:

I put it through a JBL Icon powered speaker - I think I could have turned it up a little bit. I didn't end up using it that much, but you can just hear it at the end of this soundclip:

https://soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seve ... -rev-harry

Anyone else gigging with their T3 recently?

I gig my T3's on a regular basis - in fact the only time they don't go out is if I know the venue has a very small stage and it wouldn't be practical to take them along. Although I do have a flightcase for them (Swann) I predominantly carry them around in a padded gig bag (by Roq Solid Covers), which are purpose-made for the Moog Taurus 3. It certainly makes them a lot easier to carry around and they don't take up that much room in the car boot. The bag has a shoulder strap as well which is useful at times although the pedals are a bit heavy to carry for any distance really.

It's a shame that some sort of carrying handles weren't built-in on the T3 as they are difficult to manoeuvre or lift when they are on stage as you can't get your fingers underneath them!

I play mine through my main bass rig, the amp has a CD/MP3-in socket and works really well.

My main concern in gigging with my T3 is potential damage by other band members! I try and ensure I pack them away a.s.a.p., my worry is that someone will accidentally step on and break some of the pedals. :shock:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:57 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote:
Voltor07 wrote:Love my T3! Even got into programming some fun patches with it recently, but nothing musically appealing. :lol:
Some sound or it does not exist ;)
I'll try to find my MIDI cable and upload the patches I created to KT...could take a few days, though. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.