My brand new Sub Phatty is not powering on :(

Everything Sub.
Phos4escence

My brand new Sub Phatty is not powering on :(

Post by Phos4escence » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Just received it yesterday afternoon and the power is not coming on. I've tried different plugs ands cables with no luck. Been waiting months to hear this little guy... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Amos

Re: My brand new Sub Phatty is not powering on :(

Post by Amos » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:33 pm

it's a loose ribbon cable most likely - contact Moog service and / or open the front panel and reseat the loose cable

Corianjackson

Post by Corianjackson » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Call Moog and ask for Nick Montoya.

Phos4escence

Post by Phos4escence » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Thanks for that. It was a lose cable.
Not sure what the best way to secure it.. I used a little bit of super glue and gaffers tape, but I'm worried it may not hold. The plastic piece that secures the cable to the bread board just pops right off. Any recommendations on how to secure it better?
Awesome keyboard. Can't wait to bring it to practice!

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi There!

Andy Hughes from the Moog Service Lab here. We suggest using a hot glue gun to secure the cables in place. That is the method we use here in the factory.

I would remove the gaffers tape immediately to avoid the build up of unwanted residue, and then hit up the craft store for a cheap hot glue gun.

You can look at the other end of the cable and see how the cable is secured to the connector, if you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me at 828-251-0090 ext 221.

I am really sorry that the cable wiggled out during shipping, I will pass your feedback along to our crew!!!

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:18 am

i am so impressed with Moog and this forum, that you can have such a great response on here to a technical issue directly from a technician (impressive enough) , and especially that the word "sorry" was posted! (really impressive!) damn Moog. This is how to treat your customers (take note software DAW companies).

long live Moog!

Cheers,
Blackout