Slim phatty PASS-THRU mode problem

Everything Phatty.
maxvor

Slim phatty PASS-THRU mode problem

Post by maxvor » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:00 am

I got new Slim Phatty few days ago , OS ver: 3.12 ( 680/34)

When I using PASS-THRU mode the following parameters does not work properly :

LFO Amount
Osc 1+2 Wave
Filter Cutoff + Resonance
EG ammount
EG : Filter Sustain

I checked this on multiple presets and its all the same on every preset .

:cry: :cry: :cry:

David Smyth

Re: Slim phatty PASS-THRU mode problem

Post by David Smyth » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:54 am

How are the offending parameters behaving exactly?

Do all of the other parameters work as expected?

In the System Utilities Menu, there are various factory reset options which may be worth a shot.

I believe you have the latest firmware, so that's probably not the problem (although if some other fixes don't work, possibly re-loading the latest firmware again from your PC/Mac may help, in the future).

Good luck and I hope it gets working properly soon.

Regards,
David Smyth
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:54 am

So just by plugging a midi cable into the THRU socket creates this problem? Does everything go back to normal when you pull it out??

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:25 am

I think he's speaking about knob modes.

maxvor

Post by maxvor » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:57 am

I uploaded short video to show the problem :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3l4CTJOeF0

I use Ableton 9.0.4 , Windows 7 64 bit . During the video the Local Control is ON . I use USB midi ( I dont have DIN cables )

1:25 - I change the button to off and it makes the PASS THRU mode work fine but this way I cant record automations with the Slim , Also If I do the same thing on the OutPut ( The most bottom line you see in the video on 1:25) the PASS THRU mode works fine as well but this way I cant send MIDI notes to the Phatty .

I just do what I did in the video ( 1:25) so I can use PASS THRU mode properly . The problem is that when I do so , I cant record automations to ableton so I use the Slim as HW synth w/o any integration with ableton ( the only thing that I can do is send the notes to Slim , all other automations dont work well )

David - What DAW do you use ? I think it may be related to problems with ableton integration , as I also experience problems with recording and sending automation to/from the Slim .

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:54 pm

maxvor wrote:I uploaded short video to show the problem :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3l4CTJOeF0

I use Ableton 9.0.4 , Windows 7 64 bit . During the video the Local Control is ON . I use USB midi ( I dont have DIN cables )

1:25 - I change the button to off and it makes the PASS THRU mode work fine but this way I cant record automations with the Slim , Also If I do the same thing on the OutPut ( The most bottom line you see in the video on 1:25) the PASS THRU mode works fine as well but this way I cant send MIDI notes to the Phatty .

I just do what I did in the video ( 1:25) so I can use PASS THRU mode properly . The problem is that when I do so , I cant record automations to ableton so I use the Slim as HW synth w/o any integration with ableton ( the only thing that I can do is send the notes to Slim , all other automations dont work well )

David - What DAW do you use ? I think it may be related to problems with ableton integration , as I also experience problems with recording and sending automation to/from the Slim .
This seems like a pretty annoying problem! :(

I use Cubase - but I only use it to record the end result of what I do hands-on with the Moogs (I have no automation or anything set up).

It definitely seems as though it's something to do with the Slim Phatty connection to Ableton - as it works fine otherwise. I'm afraid I can't be of much help as I don't use Ableton or automation etc. but perhaps contact Moog Support. Some other forum members may be able to help too, now that you have the video and more information up here.

I hope you get it sorted soon!

David.
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

maxvor

Post by maxvor » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:49 am

Thanks David for trying to help :D

I sent to Moog tech support 2 support requests a wee ago and still not answer :roll: :x

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:37 am

maxvor wrote:a wee ago
Have you washed your hands in between? :D

More seriously, I'm sure they'll help you. Leave them some time to analyze the problem :)

yaosichen

Post by yaosichen » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:39 am

I play my slim phatty as an external instrument in logic
and I just found out that
After I close the porject
The tracking problem just gone everything went alright