Voyager KB controlled from Eurorack

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Indigo333

Voyager KB controlled from Eurorack

Post by Indigo333 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Greetings,
I am looking to get some control from my eurorack to my Minimoog Voyager and was looking at the VX-352 CV Expander. I will be using my Makenoise Rene and Wogglebug etc to send CV to the Voyager but my only question is this: The VX-352 says "Control Voltage Expander for Voyager Rack Mount Edition" ... so does it matter I have the KB version? I still need the VX-352 if I am correct? Thanks for help in advance! Cheers

yesman

Re: Voyager KB controlled from Eurorack

Post by yesman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:11 am

Nope,
The VX-352 is for the rack mount version only (it adds CV inputs), the keyboard version has the inputs on the back panel. The VX-351 is for both the rack and keyboard versions and adds CV outs, some mults and attenuators. So, to control Voyager functions from your Euro rack gear, you just need to plug from the Euro into the Voyager, be aware of the CV levels both as to what is being output and what the input is looking for. The VX-351 is great for expanding the control abilities of the Voyager, so you can go both ways between the Euro gear and Voyager.

stiiiiiiive

Re: Voyager KB controlled from Eurorack

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:35 am

I love when I ask "what should I buy to do this?" and I'm answered I can already do it :)

Invite your girl a restaurant :)