Clock & Sub Phatty LFO

Everything Sub.
brento

Clock & Sub Phatty LFO

Post by brento » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:48 pm

How do I get the sub phatty's LFO to sync with Logic? I want it to match the bpm...

dhocks76

Re: Clock & Sub Phatty LFO

Post by dhocks76 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:06 am

LFO MIDI SYNC
This function lets you synchronize the Sub Phatty’s LFO with an external MIDI clock signal, typically from another synth, a sequencer, or a digital audio workstation. When synced, the LFO rate locks to tempo, oscillating in rhythm with its clock source. The LFO RATE knob lets you select the note division—whether the LFO cycles once every eighth note, half note, or whatever. LFO MIDI sync is turned on by default.
Engage Shift mode and press the BANK 2, PATCH 3, and PATCH 4 buttons. Press the low C# key to turn on LFO MIDI sync, and press the C key to turn it off. At the LFO RATE knob’s fully counterclockwise position, a single LFO cycle is 4 whole notes long (384 MIDI clocks). At its fully clockwise position, one cycle equals a 1/64th-note triplet (1 MIDI clock). Please refer to the chart on page 38 for a list of clock divisions available for LFO sync.

Amos

Post by Amos » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:22 pm

sync is enabled by default on the Phatty, so you probably need to check your Logic settings and make sure that it's outputting clock.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/logic ... 6section=3

Project Settings - Synchronization - MIDI tab - Check the box "Transmit MIDI Clock: Destination 1" and set Destination 1 to be your Sub Phatty MIDI device...

rod888999

Post by rod888999 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:13 am

Does anyone know if its possible to control the LFO rate using the Animoog app midi expansion pack? I want to find a way to tap to set the tempo without having to invest in something as expensive as Moog Murf

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:42 am

I guess anything can has tap tempo AND MIDI clock out will to the job. Don' know enough about AniMoog...