LP: Missing 'Arp clock to LFO' option

Everything Phatty.
Sofine

LP: Missing 'Arp clock to LFO' option

Post by Sofine » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi,

I am missing the option to set the arp clock to the LFO. I have LFO set to external clock (which I am successfully sending from my Octatrack) but I get no option to select LFO for the arp clock source. I am using OS 3.1 653 on my LP stage 1

From the manual:

The second page of the Arpeggiator menu allows you to select the Arpeggiator Clock Source. There are three possible clock sources:
INT - The Arpeggiator Clock
LFO - The LP’s Low Frequency Oscillator
MIDI - An externally applied MIDI Clock
When ‘INT’ is selected as the clock source, the Arpeggiator runs from its own internal clock. In this mode, when the Arpeggiator is switched ON the Arpeggiator Clock rate is adjusted either with the MODULATION knob, or by using the Tap Tempo function, or by issuing a MIDI CC#90 command. Note that you must select the LFO RATE switch when the Arpeggiator is ON in order to use the MODULATION knob to change the Arpeggiator Clock rate (the MODULATION control does not adjust the speed of the LFO when the Arpeggiator is running).
When ‘LFO’ is selected as the clock source, the Arpeggiator is driven from the Low Frequency Oscillator. In this mode, the MODULATION knob adjusts the speed of the Arpeggiator Clock and the LFO Rate together, making it possible to get synchronous, arpeggiated LFO effects.
When ‘MIDI’ is selected as the clock source, the Arpeggiator is driven from an externally applied MIDI Clock. In this mode, the MIDI Clock synchronizes the Arpeggiator to the sending device (a software DAW, for example). Note that if no MIDI Clock signal is present, the Arpeggiator will not run and no notes will be heard.

Thanks in advance!

Simon

Stuka

Re: LP: Missing 'Arp clock to LFO' option

Post by Stuka » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:50 am

There is actaully an update to the operators manual for OS v3.1 ~
The Arpeggiator functions are a bit different with 3.1, and don't exactly match the original manual.

I don't think it's on the web site, but you should be able to get a copy of "Users Manual Addendum – OS v3.1 (671)" from Moog tech support.

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:16 am

...it turned out that you couldn't actually run the arpeggiator at 1 kHz (a thousand notes per second) without bogging down the instrument completely... so the "clock Arpeggiator from LFO" option was removed in later firmware after enough users complained about it not working properly.

Sofine

Post by Sofine » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks Amos. I was scratching my head quite a bit last night, and then suspected that maybe it had been removed in a later OS!