Sub Phatty Editor - beta test feeedback

Everything Sub.
misterpete

Re: Sub Phatty Editor - beta test feeedback

Post by misterpete » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Not sure that it is the SAME error you are discussing, but Logic gives me a dialog alert error searching for the Taurus (which isn't connected) every time I boot it up, so I think there must be a pointer of some kind in Logic's Midi-Setup or other Prefs someplace pointing to it? — unless there's something similar I need to turn off in Taurus settings next time I hook it up... <shrug> :?
Amos wrote:There is already an option to disable this message on the preferences page - look on the left column of the preferences, and turn off "MIDI Port Warning."
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

Rokatansky

Post by Rokatansky » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 am

Editor 1.0.3 VST VI 64
Still not working in Cubase 7.0.5 Windows 7 64.
It freezes Cubase.

Cheers

Del-Uks

Post by Del-Uks » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Please make a standalone and an iPad versions of the Sub Phatty Editor... ;-p
My Moogs : Minimoog Model D #10790 • Slim Phatty #SP 00433 • Sub Phatty #SUB03422 • MP-201 Multi-Pedal #MP00344 • Moogerfooger MF-104M Analog Delay White Finish #2074 • Moogerfooger CP-251 Control Processor #3962

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:32 am

Del-Uks wrote:Please make a standalone and an iPad versions of the Sub Phatty Editor... ;-p
The standalone editor is basically complete. This thread is about the standalone/VST editor.

matcaster

Post by matcaster » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:27 am

when can we get the standalone editor ? :D

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:22 pm

How can i get the beta version , would love to check it out & report some bugs

Thanks

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Rokatansky wrote:Editor 1.0.3 VST VI 64
Still not working in Cubase 7.0.5 Windows 7 64.
It freezes Cubase.

Cheers
The same setup is working for me, so far anyway.
You might try deleting the .prefs files and trying again
they are located in the folder C:\Users\<administrator>\AppData\Roaming\Moog Music Inc\Sub Phatty

Rokatansky

Post by Rokatansky » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:46 am

Nop there`s something very wrong with the vst VI 64 & 32.

Nevertheless the "effect version" & "Standalone" seem to work as long as the editor gets USB control and Cubase trigger via MIDI the Sub Phatty.

Non working VST VI 32

Non Working VST VI 64

Working configuration of Standalone 64 & Cubase 7.0.5 64 Windows 7 64

Another working configuration of Standalone 64 & Cubase 7.0.5 64 Windows 7 64

My working self made CC editor

Other VI working editors inside Cubase 7.0.5 64 Windows 7 64

Firmware 2.0
Editor 1.0.3

Cheers

XAXAU

Post by XAXAU » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:52 pm

Amos wrote:pete you've saved those presets in the "root directory" of the presets library... click the background in the left column and you should see them. alternatively when you save as, save to a subdirectory, which you'll see plainly from within the librarian.
The presets saved in the root folder will not show up in the librarian unless there is a sub folder present in the presets library folder.

bucephalus

Post by bucephalus » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:56 pm

How do I configure the audio input for the Sub Phatty Editor-VI? I can't get it to work with Ableton Live 9. The other editor type that is put on an audio channel works fine if I set the correct Midi ins and outs in the Prefs of the editor.

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:52 am

bucephalus wrote:How do I configure the audio input for the Sub Phatty Editor-VI? I can't get it to work with Ableton Live 9. The other editor type that is put on an audio channel works fine if I set the correct Midi ins and outs in the Prefs of the editor.
Sub Phatty Editor-VI is only for Logic users.

You should use the other editor in Live, but on a MIDI track. You can't put it on an audio track.

Edit: OK you can put it on audio track, my mistake, but as I say below, no need if you use an External Instrument plugin on a MIDI track with it.
Last edited by barryfell on Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bucephalus

Post by bucephalus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:03 pm

It works on an Audio track too but then I'll need a separate MIDI track for the midi data. If I put it in a MIDI track I'll need a separate track for the audio coming from the Sub Phatty. Or have I misunderstood something?

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:16 pm

bucephalus wrote:It works on an Audio track too but then I'll need a separate MIDI track for the midi data. If I put it in a MIDI track I'll need a separate track for the audio coming from the Sub Phatty. Or have I misunderstood something?
Use a MIDI track with Live's External Instrument plugin so you only need one track as it routes the audio through it, and put the Sub Phatty editor after it. (Using the External Instrument plugin is generally the best way to use hardware instruments in Live for simplicity and latency reasons)

Are you on Windows or OSX? (Windows has some more steps to setup to get it working)

bucephalus

Post by bucephalus » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:28 pm

barryfell wrote: Use a MIDI track with Live's External Instrument plugin so you only need one track as it routes the audio through it, and put the Sub Phatty editor after it. (Using the External Instrument plugin is generally the best way to use hardware instruments in Live for simplicity and latency reasons)

Are you on Windows or OSX? (Windows has some more steps to setup to get it working)
Thanks for the tip, don't know why I didn't think of that :lol: I'm on OSX and all is well now :)

Also, is there a guide to use the VI version of the editor in Logic? I don't get how to set the audio input channel.