How to deactivate Midi CC?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
psicolor

How to deactivate Midi CC?

Post by psicolor » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Is it possible to stop the voyager sending midi cc messages when i turn a knob, while it should still send note on/off, aftertouch, pitchbend and modwheel?
Please excuse me, i know i've already asked this question earlier, but i can't find it again...

I want to use the Voyager as a MIDI master keyboard, so i need the keyboard and the playing aids as midi messages, but i don't want the voyager to send midi ccs for the other knobs, which i only need for the voyager.

Please also excuse my lousy english, i'm completely out of practice.
http://www.psicolor.de

thealien666

Re: How to deactivate Midi CC?

Post by thealien666 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Page 64 of the online user manual here:

http://www.moogmusic.com/sites/default/ ... _combo.pdf
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Themaktima

Post by Themaktima » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:49 pm

I´m wondering, too.

The local setting lets me turn off pots affecting the voyager, but i can´t keep them from sending out midi cc data...

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Sorry then... Maybe it's not possible ?

Or simply do not touch any panel knobs while using the Voyager as a MIDI keyboard controller...
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

psicolor

Post by psicolor » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:06 am

Its very bugging to always plug in or plug out the midi cable if i want to touch play the voyager.

J C Selector

Post by J C Selector » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:33 am

I have the same issue, is there a midi "box" that you can remap the cc values inline? (not software ) or something

MC

Post by MC » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:25 pm

J C Selector wrote:I have the same issue, is there a midi "box" that you can remap the cc values inline? (not software ) or something
Nothing made today. A loooooong time ago there was, back in the 80s. Some obscure company and haven't heard of them for a long time. Never seen one for sale anywhere.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

J C Selector

Post by J C Selector » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:17 am

Wow the 80's were along time ago. I must be getting old.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:30 am

Welcome back to the '80s!

Here are several boxes that will allow you to filter or
convert selected MIDI Messages and much more:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDIeventP/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDIevent/

http://midisolutions.com/prodrte.htm

Hope this helps.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

PulsePsycle

Post by PulsePsycle » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:09 am

psicolor wrote:Is it possible to stop the voyager sending midi cc messages when i turn a knob, while it should still send note on/off, aftertouch, pitchbend and modwheel?
Please excuse me, i know i've already asked this question earlier, but i can't find it again...

I want to use the Voyager as a MIDI master keyboard, so i need the keyboard and the playing aids as midi messages, but i don't want the voyager to send midi ccs for the other knobs, which i only need for the voyager.

Also, any signal coming in to Mod1 + Mod2 is send to the Midi Out (e.g. the LFO tri from the CP-251 sends CC4 + CC36 messages)

J C Selector

Post by J C Selector » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanx DemonDan, never played with sysex ,also been playing "computerless" for a while now.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:11 pm

You can also most likely filter out CC inputs on your DAW. I don't use any of the others but within Logic see:
Project Settings --> Recording --> MIDI settings
Within this dialog you can have Logic ignore ALL MIDI CC messages and just record the (midi) notes you're playing.

Filtering individual events in Logic is a little more difficult and requires using a transformer in the Logic environment. AFAIK, the only one I really NEED to filter is CC #3 from LFO which will turn on the SOLO button on the track you are recording to, making tracking an overdub impossible.

Haven't installed it yet, but I just downloaded a freeware software solution similar to the hardware listed in this thread: http://www.subtlesoft.square7.net/MidiPipe.html

EDIT: I put in a feature request in another thread about this asking if a Voyager firmware update might be able to address this issue the way the Slim Phatty does, giving us the option to filter out CC messages directly from the instrument LEDs panel. ~ big plus side of keeping it in the hardware is that you can then use your Voyager modulation knobs without changing any parameters on slaved MIDI instruments
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

simpak

Post by simpak » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:38 am

psicolor wrote:Is it possible to stop the voyager sending midi cc messages when i turn a knob, while it should still send note on/off, aftertouch, pitchbend and modwheel?

Your english is good bro,, need some help here... :)

edrochagoncalves

Post by edrochagoncalves » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Is there a fix for this? I badly need it too...

psicolor

Post by psicolor » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:47 am

Update: I bought the "Midi Solutions Event Processor Plus", and i love it's flexibility!

When i use my voyager as midi controller, i have my event processor programmed so that it simply drops all midi events except note-on, pitchbend, modwheel and aftertouch.
When gigging, i use a dx7 as my main midi controller. I use the event processor to rescale the velocity (without it you really have to break your fingers if you want to get a note-on event with a velocity of 127) and the foot-controller values (my moog ep-2 has a really weired scaling) and also to remap some ccs to other ccs.
For those of you that work with sequencers: I also tried the event processor between a midi connection that is used to sync two sequencers, and was unable to notice any timinig issues caused by the event processor.

This little tool really kicks ass and i'm sometimes thinking that it would be cool to have two of them ;)