Is a CP-251 able to be rack mounted?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Stuka

Re: Is a CP-251 able to be rack mounted?

Post by Stuka » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:08 pm

Vitja wrote:Can anyone tell me, does MF Rack kit comes with wood kit for the middle fooger (2 wood cheeks to mount them between the middle fooger and side foogers) ?
I now if you are lucky you get this with CP kit, but I'm not sure.
If not, then the middle fooger is not protected, as I've seen pics of racked foogers with some space between the middle one and others.
That just sucks.
I would love to build a 3 door rack with adjustable upper compartment with MFs and CPs and some FX racks under that, but I just don't want to spend 175 euros on just rack kit and without wood kit. I can do it by myself, but I don't understand the price of the rack kit. It is just a pice of metal with holes.

If I compare a 3 door Thon rack that is 6U with mounting on front, back and adjustable top angle for about 230 euros and compare this to MF and CP mounting kit, I must say that this is expensive pice of metal!

Is there a alternative to MF rack kit?

I can drill holes and paint myself.

Any suggestions?
I have both the CP kit and the MF kit ~
Both include the required mounting hardware.
The CP kit includes wooden inserts to fit between units.
The MF kit is designed so the sides should be removed from the center Fooger.
It still makes for a close fit, and you have to be looking closely to notice any gap around the middle Fooger.

They are a bit pricey, but it is nice to have sturdy mounts that are custom made and drilled to fit the Moog gear.

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

juljaaz

Post by juljaaz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:08 am

Hi

I'd like to know if we can use the CP kit for one Minitaur and one CP251

Thanks

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:52 am

juljaaz wrote:Hi

I'd like to know if we can use the CP kit for one Minitaur and one CP251

Thanks
Unfortunately, not without some modifications.

The Minitaur isn't really oriented (or sized) to mount flush in a flat mount like the CP kit.
The Minitaur is designed to mount in a rack using "ear" mounting brackets that attach at adjustable angles on the ends of the synth.

You might be able to use the CP mount using industrial-strength velcro, but the Minitaur would still be at a weird viewing angle compared to the CP-251. Anything else would require some drilling and possibly other modifications to the CP kit and Minitaur.
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

juljaaz

Post by juljaaz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Thank you for your answer Stuka.

nupski

Post by nupski » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi, a little late I know but yes it is possible - I did it with the cp rack kit. Needed to use a circular saw to cut a section out of the back of the steel rack so that the front of the MT sat flush with the CP251, then with a little trial and error was able to screw one side into the holes on the side of the MT. Its not perfect but it was worth the hack to get the MT and the CP251 racked up together. If you want more info, please get in touch.