Moog Music or Moog Clothing Line?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Dannymon

Post by Dannymon » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:40 am

I recently purchased the 50 Anniversary Moog Watch made by Fossil and it's pretty nice.... They just lowered the price from $79.00 to $49.00......Only 500 were made, so you guys should get it too before they run out..

http://moogmusic.com/detail.php?main_product_id=123

Peace!

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:19 pm

I already do. It's nice, but I just keep it in my studio. Thanks!

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:17 pm

writeroxie wrote:
When it comes to apparel, I think most Moog fans want tradition. vintage. nothing too crazy.

In my opinion, I think that you hit the nail right on the head with this comment. I am curious. What is your demographic? Under 25? 25-35? I am in the 50 year old demographic, so I am curious if you are in my age range to have the vintage, traditional styles in mind.

BTW, I also agree that white print on a Black shirt looks good, but yellow on Black is almost a classic color scheme as well. I just ordered that shirt, so I am anxious to see how "yellow" that yellow is.....

I wonder if the "classic/vintage" Moog logo is more appealing to everyone, or just old farts like me.
Thanks Bob!!

pelican1

Post by pelican1 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:07 pm

If the clothing keeps moog from being made in china- well then I'll gladly turn a blind eye.

writeroxie

Post by writeroxie » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:59 am

thewaag wrote: In my opinion, I think that you hit the nail right on the head with this comment. I am curious. What is your demographic? Under 25? 25-35? I am in the 50 year old demographic, so I am curious if you are in my age range to have the vintage, traditional styles in mind.

BTW, I also agree that white print on a Black shirt looks good, but yellow on Black is almost a classic color scheme as well. I just ordered that shirt, so I am anxious to see how "yellow" that yellow is.....

I wonder if the "classic/vintage" Moog logo is more appealing to everyone, or just old farts like me.
Nope Waag it's not just you, i'm 26. I think the whole 'vibe' that goes along with an old-school Co. like Moog appeals to all ages. It's really a perfect mix of everything... the sound, the look, the heritage.

endocrine

Post by endocrine » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:10 pm

I like the new hoodie.
-T2K-
"You can't touch me 'cause your hands are made of metal."
-Alabama Jihad

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:49 pm

Received a black T-shirt with a yellow MOOG insignia today, along with the black hat with the yellow Moog "O". :lol:

I have heard people complain about the quality of the Moog T-shirts on this forum (too thin, not poly/cotton). I gotta tell ya that this shirt is good quality. My business has merchandise of this nature that it gives out for promotional purposes, so I know a bit about these things.

The shirt is a Hanes Beefy T, the standard for a quality T-shirt. It is not thin at all--a very nice shirt. 100% cotton--that, again, is considered high quality--poly blends are hotter when worn in humid areas. The Moog insignia does not extend into the arm pits as was pointed out on another post in this thread. The advertising picture probably was a small shirt--the logo will be from the same sized silk screen on all sizes of shirts. On the XXL that I ordered, the logo is WELL into the body of the shirt. Also, the yellow looks great on the black shirt--it is not an electric yellow. People at our office liked the shirt, and they aren't even Moogies. I am going to order another one because the XXL is just a tad small--looks like my son gets to wear a Moog T-shirt in his college electronic music class......

The hat is nice quality as well.

Anyway, I have been afraid to order shirts from the Moog site as I had heard that they were not good quality. If you want the black one with the yellow logo, I can attest that it is indeed a very nice shirt.

I, for one, am glad that they offer this sort of thing at Moog.
Thanks Bob!!

writeroxie

Post by writeroxie » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:23 am

thewaag wrote:Received a black T-shirt with a yellow MOOG insignia today, along with the black hat with the yellow Moog "O". :lol:

I have heard people complain about the quality of the Moog T-shirts on this forum (too thin, not poly/cotton). I gotta tell ya that this shirt is good quality. My business has merchandise of this nature that it gives out for promotional purposes, so I know a bit about these things.

The shirt is a Hanes Beefy T, the standard for a quality T-shirt. It is not thin at all--a very nice shirt. 100% cotton--that, again, is considered high quality--poly blends are hotter when worn in humid areas. The Moog insignia does not extend into the arm pits as was pointed out on another post in this thread. The advertising picture probably was a small shirt--the logo will be from the same sized silk screen on all sizes of shirts. On the XXL that I ordered, the logo is WELL into the body of the shirt. Also, the yellow looks great on the black shirt--it is not an electric yellow. People at our office liked the shirt, and they aren't even Moogies. I am going to order another one because the XXL is just a tad small--looks like my son gets to wear a Moog T-shirt in his college electronic music class......

The hat is nice quality as well.

Anyway, I have been afraid to order shirts from the Moog site as I had heard that they were not good quality. If you want the black one with the yellow logo, I can attest that it is indeed a very nice shirt.

I, for one, am glad that they offer this sort of thing at Moog.
yeah, I think it was Oyster who said he didnt like the shirt because it was too heavy (100% cotton). It's all preference, really. Personally, I'm not a fan of Beefy T's either. I'm a 50/50 kind of guy.

Nick Montoya

Re: Moog Music or Moog Clothing Line?

Post by Nick Montoya » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:39 pm

electrical_engineer_gEEk wrote:. I kinda feel like moog is using us to advertise their products....we are like walking billboards to show how trendy this line of instruments are......

All I'm asking for is an affordable completely analog synth...nothing new or amazing just keep it simple and affordable....The gear heads have had their day in the sun, now it's time for the poor musicians to shine....

keep to what you know....musical instruments
If you play a moog, why not do free advertising.. Are Moogs trendy? Nords, Tritons and other Korgs are ruling the market ! For something to be trendy, then it must be a fact that it is highly popular and all over the place. ?? I don't think they are trendy, if anything they are sort of elite. Which is a whole different class of TRENDY ! :)

I myself am a walking bilboard for Moog Music. I advertise for free all day long in the way of :

1. I own 4 official Moog shirts

2. I have an official Moog Music Sticker on my car's bumper (only sticker on my car)

3. My custom license plate frame reads " I'd rather be playing a Minimoog"

4. Oh yeah, I have the whole company logo tattooed on my arm !

If you are passionate about something, then support it in anyway you wish!
Track Suit, Belt Buckle, TaTTOOS... whatever it takes to let people know that Moog is the SHIZZLE... I'll be supporting the Moog name til my dying day... I have no choice now :)

Love,

Uncle Nick Putrid
The Volt Per Octaves

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:30 pm

I think for some people Moogs are very "trendy". Trendy in the fact that the name is recognized and celebrated by people who have no idea what a Moog is, not in the passing fad sort of way.

This is verified by that fact that I used to gig with a Micromoog. Inevitably, every gig, some brain-moron would come up to me and say "Woah, sweeeet! I like your Minimoog!"

Said so the "Moog" sounds like "moon"

They also went out of trend in the 80's with the rise of the DX7.

thewaag

Re: Moog Music or Moog Clothing Line?

Post by thewaag » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:18 pm

Nick Putrid wrote: 1. I own 4 official Moog shirts

2. I have an official Moog Music Sticker on my car's bumper (only sticker on my car)

3. My custom license plate frame reads " I'd rather be playing a Minimoog"

4. Oh yeah, I have the whole company logo tattooed on my arm !

... I'll be supporting the Moog name til my dying day... I have no choice now :)

Love,

Uncle Nick Putrid
The Volt Per Octaves
Nick,

A few of questions:

Where did you get the Moog Sticker?

Where did you get the Minimoog licence plate cover?

Did you pay a licencing fee for that tatoo? :wink:

I too have a thing about the Moog name. I was so enthralled with their instruments for so long before I finally got one--the name is just magic to me. I told a friend that I wanted to buy a Source and he told me that I was crazy. Sure the arpeggiator, the S/H, and the sequencer are primitive, and there are better intruments that are MIDI controlled out there, but I used to own one and gave it away when the touch pad went out (I gave it to this same friend). I just wanted to have another Moog and I missed my old one. The brand name of Moog just sets me off.

I don't think that I will be getting a Moog tatoo, but I, too, like wearing things that have their name on it.
Thanks Bob!!

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:46 pm

I want some stickers too. How did Moog miss that one?

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:20 am

Lengai wrote:I want some stickers too. How did Moog miss that one?
For a while, Moog Music would send you a Moog sticker (same as on the back of the Voyager) when you sent in your registration. Don't know if they still do.

You could probably call the factory and request one.

Greg

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:06 am

Of all the non-instrument products Moog could sell, the only thing I really want is the sticker. I don't understand why the don't sell them, I think they'd be their biggest sellers!

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:54 pm

Putrid: I would love to see a pic of that tattoo!

Regarding all the merch stuff: There are so many companies out there who will take your logo and put it on things, that I am sure MoogMusic Inc., really didn't waste much R&D effort to do this. Some of the stuff looks a bit cheezoid to me, but I agree with others that if it helps the viablilty of the company, then go for it.

That being said, I bought a MiniMug a few years ago, and wouldn't mind a decent coffee mug with just the Moog logo on it!