Sub Phatty firmware suggestions

Everything Sub.
jocks13

Sub Phatty firmware suggestions

Post by jocks13 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:27 pm

PS. I posted this in the wrong thread earlier, as I thought SP stood for Sub Phatty, not Slim Phatty ;-)

hello, here are my suggestions for sub phatty options: 1. I'd like the option to bypass mod.wheel so that PWM, pitch or filter can be modulated independent of the wheel position. 2. mod.wheel controls filter cutoff instead of filter mod.depth. 3. pitch bend on/off for osc 1 & 2. 4. hold note when MIDI CC sustain is sent to Sub phatty. 5. Option to switch modulation source to filter env. individually for filter, PWM & pitch.
/jocks13 in Sweden
Last edited by jocks13 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

subb

Re: Sun Phatty firmware suggestions

Post by subb » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Hmm, unless I'm missing something, most of your suggestions would be either impossible to implement given the current interface or very hard to use (i.e. hidden parameters). For example, how would you change the modulation source independently of the filter, pitch and waveform? What would be the workflow?

dswo

Post by dswo » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:49 am

I like these ideas, especially to bypass or reroute the mod wheel. Settings would have to be under the hood, but except for #5 the interface would be straightforward (by Sub Phatty standards, I mean; obviously a little screen, like the other Phatties have, would make things easier).
David Wilson-Okamura

twelsch42

Post by twelsch42 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:58 pm

jocks13 wrote:2. mod.wheel controls filter cutoff instead of filter mod.depth.
This is the same thing as:

MOD SOURCE = FILTER EG
FILTER SUSTAIN = 100%
FILTER AMT = 100%

Now your mod wheel controls filter cutoff.

T

hexeract

Re: Sub Phatty firmware suggestions

Post by hexeract » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:44 pm

The most important thing I can think of is allowing the Oscillators to FM modulate each other.

jocks13

Post by jocks13 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:03 pm

twelsch42 wrote:
jocks13 wrote:2. mod.wheel controls filter cutoff instead of filter mod.depth.
This is the same thing as:

MOD SOURCE = FILTER EG
FILTER SUSTAIN = 100%
FILTER AMT = 100%

Now your mod wheel controls filter cutoff.

T
yes, that's one way of doing it.
But what I meant was, keep pitch modulation by LFO with the wheel, but connect cutoff direct to mod.wheel. It's a common kombination of modulation on several synths.
I all depends upon the modulation matrix inside Sub Phatty, if my suggestions can be done.

jocks13

Post by jocks13 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:25 am

ok, I bumb this thread, as it seems forgotten :wink:

jocks13

Post by jocks13 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:38 am

subb wrote:Hmm, unless I'm missing something, most of your suggestions would be either impossible to implement given the current interface or very hard to use (i.e. hidden parameters). For example, how would you change the modulation source independently of the filter, pitch and waveform? What would be the workflow?
OK, now we know that a Sub 37 is coming...
Well, I'm hoping for more extended modes via shift commands, together with an upgraded editor, that works with both Sub Phatty and Sub 37...
What does Amos say?
I never got a clear answer from Moog , if any of my suggestions can be done technically.

Aegustiner

Post by Aegustiner » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:47 am

jocks13 wrote:PS. I posted this in the wrong thread earlier, as I thought SP stood for Sub Phatty, not Slim Phatty ;-)

hello, here are my suggestions for sub phatty options: 1. I'd like the option to bypass mod.wheel so that PWM, pitch or filter can be modulated independent ofSARMs for Sale – Where to Buy SARMs Online How To Lose Weight Fast [Guide] How To Get Skinny Fast Dianabol for sale - dbol steroids Best Dianabol Steroids Crazy Bulk Review – Legal steroids for sale - How it works Legal steroids the wheel position. 2. mod.wheel controls filter cutoff instead my v tight gel review of filter mod.depth. 3. pitch bend on/off for osc 1 & 2. 4. hold note when MIDI CC sustain is sent to Sub phatty. 5. Option to switch modulation source to filter env. individually for filter, PWM & pitch.
/jocks13 in Sweden
I like these ideas, especially to bypass or reroute the mod wheel.
Last edited by Aegustiner on Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarnellRapp

Post by DarnellRapp » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:07 am

I like these musings, especially to evade or reroute the mod wheel. Settings would should be in the motor, anyway except for number five the interface would be clear by Sub Phatty models, I mean; plainly a little screen, like the following Phatties have, would make things less complex.
legal steroids for sale
rad140 sarms
best over the counter phentermine
mk677 sarm