Free gift from Moog?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
dravis14

Free gift from Moog?

Post by dravis14 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Has anybody actually received their item from Moog yet? They keep saying that they're ready to send out....wondered if anyone has received it....

Dravis14

artpunk

Re: Free gift from Moog?

Post by artpunk » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Nothing here yet... has anyone else got their brass knob? :)
Cheers,
Cameron

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

ebo

Post by ebo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:21 pm

still waiting...

dravis14

Post by dravis14 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:50 pm

OK...At the risk of sounding like a total idiot, I recently remember reading about ppl anticipating the arrival of their "brass knob"..( I personally hate that reference!)..from Moog, and were discussing where exactly they would place it on their Voyager.( As I recall, the overall consensus was the filter cutoff, for obvious reasons.) Anyway, they were talking about removing the existing knob that supposedly had a small set-screw that could be loosened and easily removed, facilitating the addition of our long-awaited...gift..well, the knobs on my 2011 Electric Blue Voyager don't have any set screws, they simply appear to be the type that are "pressed-fit"" on each potentiometer, or whatever. Anybody removed these before?....don't wanna jack-up the face of my unit tryin' to remove it. Thanx

Synthetically Yours,
Dravis14
[email protected]

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Brilliant! MOOG has finally found a way to stop people from complaining about stickers!
:lol:
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Yeah, I meant to mention to MC that it didn't have a set screw. I think I'm just going to keep mine unopened anyway or use it for a DIY project.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MC

Post by MC » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:11 am

dravis14 wrote:OK...At the risk of sounding like a total idiot, I recently remember reading about ppl anticipating the arrival of their "brass knob"..( I personally hate that reference!)..from Moog, and were discussing where exactly they would place it on their Voyager.( As I recall, the overall consensus was the filter cutoff, for obvious reasons.) Anyway, they were talking about removing the existing knob that supposedly had a small set-screw that could be loosened and easily removed, facilitating the addition of our long-awaited...gift..well, the knobs on my 2011 Electric Blue Voyager don't have any set screws, they simply appear to be the type that are "pressed-fit"" on each potentiometer, or whatever. Anybody removed these before?....don't wanna jack-up the face of my unit tryin' to remove it.
Loop some string under the knob and pull upwards. Zero damage to panel. That's the technique that the Micromoog service manual recommends.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

MC

Post by MC » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:12 am

EricK wrote:Yeah, I meant to mention to MC that it didn't have a set screw. I think I'm just going to keep mine unopened anyway or use it for a DIY project.
Wait - you got yours?
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Nope, I was saying what I am considering doing with mine when I get it. Im pretty sure that I would have started an "I got my knob" thread, despite the potential for it devolving into an endless thread on the subject of double entendres.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Fordy

Post by Fordy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Still waiting here too :(
Kind Regards

-Fordy

Gear: Nord Wave, Access Virus TI 2 Keyboard, Moog Voyager Select, Korg Radias, Novation Supernova II, Quasimidi Polymorph, Korg Electribe SX, Eminent 310U,

FX: EH Stereo Small Stone Phaser, EH Stereo Electric Mistress, Lex MX400.

Fooger_;-)

Post by Fooger_;-) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:10 pm

The same game here, I'm still waiting :wink:
kind regards
Fooger ;o)

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:29 am

Anybody received a sticker...errr.....knob yet...? 8)

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:14 am

Still waiting! :)
Cheers,
Cameron

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST."
— Frank Zappa

CZ Rider

Post by CZ Rider » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Every day I check the mail, and no knob yet. Did get an ARP manual in the mail today. More documents to scan as this one has the spec sheets on every one of the 1000 series modules.
But Moog is still trying to get me to fill out their questionnaire with the promise of free stickers. That should be here any day, I registered in 2005.
My registered Voyagers and offer. :lol:

They did post the brass knobs were ready to ship back in June. Wonder if they did not under estimate how many requests they would get?

Won't be disappointed if they never send me one, and surprised if they do.
1P Modular,Minimoog,VoyagerRME,CustomMinimoog,Prodigy,MG-1 TaurusII,Opus3,Rogue,Source,Liberation,Micromoog,1125S&H,
1130Perc.x2,1150Ribbonx2,Custom1150,1120Pedal,Songprod,CP-251,VX-351
VX-352,Etherwave,Synampx2,Lil'Phatty,Sonic Six

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:14 pm

As I've stated before, in another thread, I wouldn't hold my breath on receiving anything...

If they couldn't send me stickers during the five years since I've bought my Old School, there's no logical reason to expect a brass knob either...

I won't be loosing sleep over this. Just a marketing ploy to have people talk about the company. :roll:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion