Sub Phatty beta firmware - final bug roundup

Everything Sub.
nofuturenocore

Re: Sub Phatty beta firmware - final bug roundup

Post by nofuturenocore » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:37 pm

misterpete wrote:see: MIDI OPERATIONS & CHARTS starting on page 38 of the SubPhatty manual
nofuturenocore wrote:Hello ,
Something that would be great is to have for each CC the name of the corresponding control, this would be very helpful for mouse automation.
I saw that there is actually some of the CC that have a name ( Example: Pitch bend ) and other that have a name but not the same as the Sub Phatty (Example: OSC 2 Freq named as Effect Control 2).
Have all of them as they are written on the Sub Phatty would be really helpful for easier and faster access.

Thanks.
Hello,
I know that but have the corresponding name for each CC directly from the DAW you use instead of having to watch every time the manual would be great, that was what I was asking for. But not a big deal.

ul303

Post by ul303 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Amos wrote:firmware update -- here is v1.3.1. This fixes a small math error in the preset-conversion routine, so the saved oscillator levels in your preset should be the same actual level in this new firmware, even though the level control pots have been re-scaled.

Please check and see if (1) presets still sound correct, and (2) mixer section knobs "feel better" (in terms of getting clean sound below 12:00 or so, and distortion above, and just generally seeming like a useful change or not)

thanks!

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... _1_3_1.syx
Another thing: Noise becomes far more usable to me now!

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Something that would be great is to have for each CC the name of the corresponding control, this would be very helpful for mouse automation.
I saw that there is actually some of the CC that have a name ( Example: Pitch bend ) and other that have a name but not the same as the Sub Phatty (Example: OSC 2 Freq named as Effect Control 2).
Have all of them as they are written on the Sub Phatty would be really helpful for easier and faster access.

hi, this is something else the Editor can help you to do. If in your DAW you automate the knobs of the editor plugin, it will send the appropriate CCs to the Sub Phatty, and at 14-bit resolution. :)
Also, the parameters of the plugin all have proper readable names when doing automation.

So, you can do this instead of automating the direct MIDI CCs.

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:57 am

Amos wrote:

hi, this is something else the Editor can help you to do. If in your DAW you automate the knobs of the editor plugin, it will send the appropriate CCs to the Sub Phatty, and at 14-bit resolution. :)
Also, the parameters of the plugin all have proper readable names when doing automation.

So, you can do this instead of automating the direct MIDI CCs.
Hello Amos,

Good idea :)
But I see that I have still this #### problem with ramp automation 96000 Bitrate doesnt solved the problem, but I'm now sure that the problem is coming from my soundcard because with my builtin realtek the SubP receive correctly ramp automation so I'm now speaking with Motu support...I think i'll blow this card on my wall.

Edit:

Now Plugin Window doesn't work anymore with the SubP. I have a crackling sound when I modulate a parameter from the Plug Window but it sounds good directly from the editor... is this normal with editor 0.9.3 ?

Re Edit: So this morning when I turn up the Sub Phatty I get a "Stuck Note" in Active Panel before I touch anything; In Ableton, with the Standalone Editor and without any connection between the computer and the Sub Phatty, I turn it off / on, same problem, I have make a firmware update, same problem....
When I go in preset mode and hit a key, the stuck note disappear, and when I go back in Active Panel it Stuck again before I hit any key....

Edit : Stuck Note Solved -> Bug on the Gate source, edit from the Editor solved the problem.

Edit:

Now Plugin Window doesn't work anymore with the SubP. I have a crackling sound when I modulate a parameter from the Plug Window but it sounds good directly from the editor... is this normal with editor 0.9.3 ?

-> I see that the Moog is receiving the midi correctly but it still make a crunchy sound, but what is weird is that the VST do not send midi to ableton but directly to the Sub Phatty, is this normal ?

Re edit: Okay Apparently the problem come from CPU... 75 % just with 1 max for live lfo on the filter cutoff very weird... Gonna go back to 32 bit it was working way better.

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:52 am

the problem with high CPU use when automating parameters is fixed in the Editor 0.9.5!
I will email the new version to all beta testers in a moment.

For now, here is the latest and possibly-final beta firmware before release.
If nobody finds any shocking new bugs, this is the release version:

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... _1_3_2.syx

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:13 am

Amos wrote:the problem with high CPU use when automating parameters is fixed in the Editor 0.9.5!
I will email the new version to all beta testers in a moment.

For now, here is the latest and possibly-final beta firmware before release.
If nobody finds any shocking new bugs, this is the release version:

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... _1_3_2.syx

Nice :)

Tbh I was finding this weird because okay, my PC is an Acer (bad reputation) which I paid 1000 $ but it's still a Quadcore with 8g DDR3 so not a monster but not a sh#t and I never had any problem of CPU in Ableton until now with the SubP (My first analog instrument) so I was aking myself some serious question ( like; will I blow my computer on the wall... ?)

Edit: Feedback on 1.3.2 with 0.9.5 soon :)

And again, Thanks Moog Team, happy to see that there are some people who still care of what they sell and who make really good products. I don't regret any cents of my investment and It's a destitute Punk which earn not so much money with it's #### job who said that :)

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Okay, so since 1.3.2 firmware and 0.9.5 editor arrived;

No more Ramp automation problem, CC Automation ¬ Editor Automation work perfectly for me.
No more Glitchs ( Was coming from the CPU surcharge I think ).
No more CPU Problem ( Before 1 LFO in Ableton (M4L) was using around 75% CPU, now it use 5% ).
No more High Volume Signal when I turn On the SubP.

Everything works perfect on this side.

The only problem I have in Ableton Live (9.0.4 x64 on Windows) is ;

When I create a Clip with the first note on the exact beginning of this clip, it ignore all notes and send a loop of G#0. If I shifts this first note from at least 1/64 it works.

Anyone having this problem ? ( Seems to come from the firmware )

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:59 pm

just tested Live 9 x64 here... made a simple MIDI clip with a note at the very beginning... it always plays that note, for me. I'm sending MIDI and clock, using the Sub Phatty USB... no problem.
But I think I remember someone else having the same problem as you, unless it was you in an earlier thread.

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Amos wrote:just tested Live 9 x64 here... made a simple MIDI clip with a note at the very beginning... it always plays that note, for me. I'm sending MIDI and clock, using the Sub Phatty USB... no problem.
But I think I remember someone else having the same problem as you, unless it was you in an earlier thread.
It wasn't me but I think it's something which interact between the VST and the Ableton Live Plugin Window because now it works and I have the Filter and Amp Multitrigger which doesn't work and before it was the Legato / gated which was not working and before that the Gate Source which was blocked on ON (That was the reason of this Stuck Note) but after some reboot and intensive tweaks it worked so I think there is some interactions between the SubP the VST and this Plugin Window that creates theses problems. If I can identify what make theses things happen I'll let you know.

The SubP is a magic piece of gear that every home studio should own. I can't wait for my Ableton Push to improvise some melody better than actually :) ( Yes I don't know how to play piano, Still try to learn :) But all theses scales makes my goldfish's memory mad. )

robml

Post by robml » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:42 pm

- when in shift mode amplifier attack sends midi cc28 instead of cc104.
- keyboard octave responds to midi cc89, but does not send out any midi cc data when changed via the buttons on the panel.

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:37 am

Amos wrote:just tested Live 9 x64 here... made a simple MIDI clip with a note at the very beginning... it always plays that note, for me. I'm sending MIDI and clock, using the Sub Phatty USB... no problem.
I've just tested that with the same set up and can confirm no issue.

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:27 am

barryfell wrote:

I don't have this problem anymore, but actually Multi trigger doesn't work in standalone and VST and I have some USB connections reset. I'll try a re-flash to see what happen.

Edit: After re flash it now works correctly.

Re-Edit : *Was working in standalone before I launch Ableton with the VST,now not working anymore

Re-Re-Edit : *After a re re flash, I see that the problem happen only when I load some projects already started with the VST, when I start from a fresh new project I have not this problem anymore but if I open theses projects it makes some parameters unavailable and I must re flash after this so I think Ableton Live is saving something from the precedent VST version which cause this problem.
Sometimes the SubP go back to a Preset when I'm in Panel Mode without any reason, anyone having the same issue ?

bandmasta

Post by bandmasta » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:16 pm

USB+ABLETON LIVE9+14 bit+local off+MAC+FILTER CUT OFF AUTOMATION RECORDING=HANGING NOTE+SUB PHATTY NUMB

When can I get the solution?

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:16 am

USB+ABLETON LIVE9+14 bit+local off+MAC+FILTER CUT OFF AUTOMATION RECORDING=HANGING NOTE+SUB PHATTY NUMB
I had this hanging note problem too, the problem was coming from the Gate source; It was on ON instead of Key or Key & Ext If it can help.)

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:39 am

nofuturenocore wrote:
barryfell wrote:

I don't have this problem anymore, but actually Multi trigger doesn't work in standalone and VST and I have some USB connections reset. I'll try a re-flash to see what happen.

Edit: After re flash it now works correctly.

Re-Edit : *Was working in standalone before I launch Ableton with the VST,now not working anymore

Re-Re-Edit : *After a re re flash, I see that the problem happen only when I load some projects already started with the VST, when I start from a fresh new project I have not this problem anymore but if I open theses projects it makes some parameters unavailable and I must re flash after this so I think Ableton Live is saving something from the precedent VST version which cause this problem.
Sometimes the SubP go back to a Preset when I'm in Panel Mode without any reason, anyone having the same issue ?
Okay so I can confirm all those issue come from the fact that sometimes connection is loosed but it didn't happen this last hour. A part this I have an other issue: When I save a preset sometimes the VST show other values than what I save but the sound still sounds like I made it a part the volume ( OSC Volume are sometimes louder than I set them. ), maybe coming from this disconnection issue too Idk.