Sub Phatty Editor - beta test feeedback

Everything Sub.
Amos

Re: Sub Phatty Editor - beta test feeedback

Post by Amos » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:25 pm

ul303 wrote:Anyway I can not locate MidiPortHandler.exe as it seems to be launched by the VST itself.
I do have a MidiPortHandler.exe file but it is part of the PLUGINS-PC_093 package.
I had already tried to launch it manually when running the VST but then it was running twice ;)
OK this is a clue... it's being launched "from somewhere" by the VST plugin when it runs... the copy of the PortHandler that is being launched by the VST is the one that we need to replace with the newer version.

you could search your hard drive for "*MidiPort*" (that's an asterisk * wildcard before and after MidiPort) and see what you find...

-Amos

ul303

Post by ul303 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Amos wrote:
ul303 wrote:Anyway I can not locate MidiPortHandler.exe as it seems to be launched by the VST itself.
I do have a MidiPortHandler.exe file but it is part of the PLUGINS-PC_093 package.
I had already tried to launch it manually when running the VST but then it was running twice ;)
OK this is a clue... it's being launched "from somewhere" by the VST plugin when it runs... the copy of the PortHandler that is being launched by the VST is the one that we need to replace with the newer version.

you could search your hard drive for "*MidiPort*" (that's an asterisk * wildcard before and after MidiPort) and see what you find...

-Amos
hum...did not find anything matching MidiPort or aven Midi or Phatty that seems to match.
Only things are under C/Windows/Prefetch. 4 files that look like MOOG SUB PHATTY EDITOR.EXE-1D0F8801.pf
But the vst dll developper at moog should know?

Rokatansky

Post by Rokatansky » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:11 pm

you must copy this file to the following location:
C:\Users\(administrator)\AppData\Roaming\Moog Music Inc\Sub Phatty
Didn't fix Cubase 7.0.5 64 freeze (editor VST 32 & 64).

Btw
I've managed to have the Standalone working with an external midi controller using the standalone editor on USB mode and "Bone Midi translator"(I assume any midi patcher should work) to patch my controller to Sub Phatty's Din.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:39 pm

I think the last update email sent with a subject line of "Sub Phatty Editor - latest files here (0.9.3)" has a bad link. If you click on the Windows editor link it downloads Moog_Sub_Phatty_Editor_093-OSX.zip.

But you can manually copy the text into a browser and get the file at http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... 93_WIN.zip. But running the standalone x64 editor from here shows version 0.9.2 from the Preferences page. Also the updated that addressed file names like 1-1.syx doesn't seem to be part of what I downloaded.

Is this normal for the 093 editor?

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:39 am

barryfell wrote: I have an issue with the new 64bit VST not showing up in Ableton. I'm still having to JBridge the 32bit version.

Also, should the VST Editor GUI track the automation like VST GUIs usually do? At the moment, although the automation records and plays back correctly, the knob postions on the GUI don't change.
I didn't have the latest x64 plugin. I got the newest one from the link in the post above, and it's now working fine and shows up in Live. :D

I've replaced MidiPortHandler.exe as instructed but I still need both USB and DIN connections to get the VST editor to work. Otherwise, I get the hardware disconnected error.

Waza

Post by Waza » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:33 am

Anyone running the editor on Studio One?
Computer: 3.4ghz i7 Quad core, 24gb Ram,
Soundcard : Focusrite Saffire 56
DAW: Studio One 64 Bit
Plugins : Too Many to say
Hardware: Moog Model D, Access Virus Ti2 Keyboard

northernkind

Post by northernkind » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:31 am

Sorry to hijack this thread but how do I get a beta copy of this editor?, I'm desperate to get my hands on this. Happy to give feedback etc.

Thanks,

Matt

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:43 am

Waza wrote:Anyone running the editor on Studio One?
Waza, I have Studio One 2 on my home PC (win7 32bit) and I've confirmed the editor runs in that environment. Haven't done extensive testing there but no unique problems with it that I've found.

northernkind: email me (at moogmusic.com) to get on the distribution list.

Bald Eagle: Yes the most recent Windows build is 0.9.2; the 0.9.3 build fixed only some Mac problems so no need to build it for PC.
Next build will be updated for all platforms and includes the "renaming files to not all be #-#.syx" fix. :)

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:38 am

Amos wrote:
Waza wrote:Anyone running the editor on Studio One?
Waza, I have Studio One 2 on my home PC (win7 32bit) and I've confirmed the editor runs in that environment. Haven't done extensive testing there but no unique problems with it that I've found.

northernkind: email me (at moogmusic.com) to get on the distribution list.

Bald Eagle: Yes the most recent Windows build is 0.9.2; the 0.9.3 build fixed only some Mac problems so no need to build it for PC.
Next build will be updated for all platforms and includes the "renaming files to not all be #-#.syx" fix. :)

EDIT:

Does this mean that the VST version with only USB connection on windows isn't actually build ? Was believing that 0.9.3 was the solution for this problem but think I haven't correctly understand.
Last edited by nofuturenocore on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:27 pm

Wanted to share some sounds... how to beta test this?

:)

Yes I know, I'm obsessive!
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

starkaudio

Post by starkaudio » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:37 pm

All the OSX links (posted here) seems dead. Is the beta test over? I just picked up my SP today...how can I share the love? Thanks!

Nevermind, mailed amos to be added to the list when I saw his post. :)
Last edited by starkaudio on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://lukestark.com
We could be friends. Hello.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:25 pm

LOGIC users: DO we need a separate thread?

What makes sense to you as far as the AU implementation?
neither Software Instrument or AUDIO Channel Strip FX feel right to me so generally I have been using the editor as a standalone
but actually even so my favourite feature is the RANDOM button which works equally well in every version :D

I guess we should be testing that "SHARE" button ~ where does it go when we click 'share'? ~ I will have to load some things back onto the laptop and bring it somewhere with WiFi and find out.
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Currently editing some sounds in Standalone mode without any troubles... v0.94 with OSX.

Almost with 32 sounds complete! I'll share with Amos when I'm done with it. :)
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:48 pm

IgorCristo wrote:Currently editing some sounds in Standalone mode without any troubles... v0.94 with OSX.

Almost with 32 sounds complete! I'll share with Amos when I'm done with it. :)
Nice. 8)

nofuturenocore

Post by nofuturenocore » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Hello,

Anybody there who get the VST working with only USB connection on Windows with 0.9.4 VST ?