Line selector pedal for gate signals? HELP

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Rabalder

Line selector pedal for gate signals? HELP

Post by Rabalder » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Im having a hard time finding info on this online, so Ill ask here instead.
Please bear with me..

I trigger my Slim Phatty in two different ways using the CV gate input.
1: I use a a Boss FS-5U foot switch connected with a jack cable. Just like using a dummy cable, but with a momentary on/off switch so I can control the gate ON/OFF with the foot switch.
2: I also use a Doepfer Dark Time sequencer which sends out 0-5volt gate signals.

These two ways of triggering the gate input doesnt mix very well together(tried everything with the cp251), so I need a A/B input selector pedal (with a led indicator) to switch between these two while playing.

Ive tried an expensive amp-selector switch(the only ab switch I have laying around), but that didnt work at all. These kind of pedals are usualy designed for guitar signals and audio in general. I need a switch that doesnt do anything whatsoever with the signals passing through. Ive found some "hardwired" switches, but I dont want to buy one just to find out it doesnt work.

Does anyone know anything about this??

Stuka

Re: Line selector pedal for gate signals? HELP

Post by Stuka » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:12 pm

I've been driving my Slim Phatty with my Dark Time via MIDI, which works quite well so far.

Have you tried that in combination with the CV Gate trigger?
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:28 pm

A simple expression pedal in the gate jack will trigger the gate. No led though.

Or use it in the CP-251 mixer section along with the Dark Time and trigger from either.

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Stuka wrote:I've been driving my Slim Phatty with my Dark Time via MIDI, which works quite well so far.

Have you tried that in combination with the CV Gate trigger?
Yes, but I use a second foot switch to mute/unmute the gate signals while the sequencer is running. I cant do that if I use midi. Midi also sends both pitch and gate in the same signal, not separated..
Portamental wrote:A simple expression pedal in the gate jack will trigger the gate. No led though.

Or use it in the CP-251 mixer section along with the Dark Time and trigger from either.
I "play" the trigger pedal like a kickdrum pedal while I play drums. It needs to "bounce back". A stomp switch is much easier to play without accidentally leaving it "on".
The cp251 mixer section is occupied anyway.

Thanks though..

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Ill just make a selector from a light switch. Money saved..