Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here please

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Briman

Re: Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here pleas

Post by Briman » Sun May 05, 2013 5:41 pm

Hey Amos...

Thanks for the new Firmware update! Still have some issues though:

- My Preset's Names are still all messed up when I do a "Capture bank" in the Editor?
I would like to delete all the Presets I made and saved... to start over... but there's no way to delete them?

- When I turn a Knob... or push a Button on the MT's Front Panel...
it only shows in the Editor... if the MT is set to MIDI Channel 1.
I use Channel 6 for my setup... and 6 doesn't work. Switch to 1... it works.
Switch back to 6... it doesn't work?

- Still hoping for a way to save the Front Panel Settings into a called up Preset Number...
WITHOUT using the Editor!? :)

I think you said there'll be a new, revised Minitaur Editor soon... but I can't find where
I read that in the Forum? Hopefully so... as the Editor 2.0 is so very frustrating...
to say the least!

Many thanks for working on these fixes/mods for us dedicated Minitaur Users!
It's an awesome sounding little Synth... it's just needs a little help!

All the Best...
Cheers,
Briman :)

Freebot

Post by Freebot » Thu May 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi, could we get some instructions on how to implement this new update? I have tried downloading the file but for some reason the only thing I can do is open the page. When I then try to save the page, it only saves it as html file. I realize it is supposed to be a sysx file and I know how to handle that with the firmware update tool, but I am at a loss with getting the file. For myself, and others who are confused, please put up some clear instructions.

Thank you

fb

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Thu May 09, 2013 12:45 pm

^ Click on the link with the RIght (opposite of left) mouse button, as use "Save Link as" in the pull down menu that appears. Assuming you are a PC user.

Freebot

Post by Freebot » Thu May 09, 2013 12:50 pm

I am on OSX. That is what I tried. The first couple of times it would open a "save as" dialog that would be blank. What seems to have worked for me just now was to open the page, save the page, then manually change the ending of the file name, eliminating the ".txt" that appears at the end. So now it looks like this:

Minitaur_firmware_v2_0_4_30Apr2013.syx

Not sure why it behaves differently than pc, but it did for me.

Cheers

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Thu May 09, 2013 12:58 pm

I was to suggest just renaming the file. If the file size is 351Kb, that's the syx file indeed.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Thu May 09, 2013 4:51 pm

I've lost track. Has the final all-fixed code been posted or just the 2nd to all-fixed final code (based on what I read it addresses most things but still needs some LFO work?). Location?

Thanks
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Thu May 09, 2013 11:01 pm

^ Freezing issues only, which makes the Minitaur usable with CV's and oh what a joy, midi too. Location : a few messages up!

barryfell

Post by barryfell » Fri May 10, 2013 3:10 pm

barryfell wrote:I solved the MIDI pass thru issue I was having with the Editor and Ableton Live under Windows (not sure if it's an issue on OSX), so maybe something can be done firmware side to fix the small issues that remain? (Such as the firmware version being reported as a random number)

Details of the initial problem and then solution including remaining Editor issues here.
I'm happy to say the minor problem I had with the Editor when using Ableton Live is now fixed with this new firmware and it's now reflecting all hardware tweaks on the Editor. (Before none of the knobs would move in real time)

I used Minitaur for about an hour today and didn't encounter any stability issues so even better news there.

Plus, on an unrelated to the firmware note, I fixed my USB noise issue when using Minitaur by just changing the USB cable. What a great day!

Any thoughts of potentially selling this due to the issues/bugs are now gone. 8)

Freebot

Post by Freebot » Fri May 10, 2013 8:36 pm

I just wanted to report that I installed the new firmware (or revision of ole' firmware) and everything seemed good to go at first. But now I notice that the editor is bugging out worse than it ever has for me. I am now noticing issues that I have read of before where I say turn the cutoff knob on the MT and the editor starts jerking both the cutoff and the resonance in all sorts of directions including randomly mirroring my movement but backwards. Very weird. I have had several issues including MT freezing, editor not properly saving and the LFO issues too, but never this.

Any Ideas?

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Wed May 15, 2013 4:52 pm

sounds like you need locate the correct update - then erase your currently loaded Firmware and then reload the new FW SysEx as per instructions in previous updates.

that's what I did and didn't notice any new issues - but I am going to go take another look at it this afternoon and report back
Freebot wrote:I just wanted to report that I installed the new firmware (or revision of ole' firmware) and everything seemed good to go at first. But now I notice that the editor is bugging out worse than it ever has for me. I am now noticing issues that I have read of before where I say turn the cutoff knob on the MT and the editor starts jerking both the cutoff and the resonance in all sorts of directions including randomly mirroring my movement but backwards. Very weird. I have had several issues including MT freezing, editor not properly saving and the LFO issues too, but never this.

Any Ideas?
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Wed May 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Yes confirmed 2.0.4. firmware shows on the CMD-2 "Under The Hood" page
I am running it on 10.6.8 on my studio system haven't tried it under Mountain Lion (laptop)
Please Call Me, PETE

tagirov

Post by tagirov » Mon May 20, 2013 1:55 am

Amos wrote:Hey, sorry, I had to spend yesterday getting the Sub Phatty Editor/Librarian ready for beta testing...
so the LFO Rate / MIDI Clock sync stuff is not finished yet...

but here is a version with the more egregious bugs fixed:
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... pr2013.syx

This is actually a reversion to the production firmware, with bug fixes...
so no updates to Release On/Off behavior or LFO Rate behavior in this version,
but all the controls work 100% of the time. :)

Further updates and fixes will continue, but this should be quite playable in the meanwhile.
LFO and Release fixes are next on my list.

-Amos
Wow, it seems i've missed the update. will check it soon too.
Any news on "usb-midi hanging" bugfix? It's a pain to use Minutaur in live setup with usb midi.
Best regards, Ruslan Tagirov.

Toyz: MBPro+Live 9.x+LogicProX, Moog: LP StageII/Sub37/Grandmother/MF-104m/MG-105m, Nord: Stage2 SW73/ModularG2Engine, Roland: MC909/TR-8, Korg: MS-20, R-3, OTO: Bisquit/BIM, etc.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Tue May 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Would LOVE to see a Transpose function added to filter incoming MIDI ~ if this is possible
å la Taurus... please?
Please Call Me, PETE

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Wed May 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Waiting with bated breath for the complete version of Minitaur code. Also waiting with bad breath. Like a hockey player that refuses to shave until either ousted from the playoffs or until his team wins the cup, I'm refusing to brush my teeth until the final code is released.

My family refuses to talk to me and tooth decay is just around the corner (I can't afford the dental bills either). Come on Amos, Sub-Phatty can wait :lol:
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

alchemic

Post by alchemic » Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 pm

hi amos,

the firmware update coming up is great news. thanks in advance.
i just got my minitaur for a couple of weeks now and i'm very happy soundwise.

one thing that bothers me though is that the release time isn't being stored in the presets.
am i missing out on something or is this something that isn't working so far?
if so this would be my biggest request. on top of that i would like to suggest why not visualize
the release time in the editor as well? that would be much apreciated.

cheers,
mike