Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here please

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Nick B

Re: Minitaur firmware update soon - your requests here pleas

Post by Nick B » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:00 pm

I am having these issues when using Minitaur in Logic

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13995

I also am doing allot of unplugging and replugging on this unit. Not using presets I still notice a change in the sound when I manually reset the unit by unplugging it. Like the knobs on the unit itself are not accurately changing the sounds until I reset it.

Not sure if that makes sense.

Phos4escence

Post by Phos4escence » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:30 pm

I dont know if someone has already requested this... but I desperately need separate midi channels on the input and output. I'm trying to use automate the Minituar filter knob with the Octatrack's midi sequencer.
Thank you,
Markus

UltraRealism

Post by UltraRealism » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Amos wrote:
UltraRealism wrote:Hoping the update comes out soon and fixes all this like a magic bullet. :D
It will! I'm glad you love the sound, I'm sorry you're having problems... hang in there, it will soon be 100%.

I still love playing it despite that, I'm just anxious to use it in a band setting right now. This little box is something I've dreamed about for well over a decade. I'm actually thinking about picking up a Taurus III because I love this filter so much.

Keep up the good work!

vbogert

Post by vbogert » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:52 pm

Hi Amos

I have one major issue I'd like addressed:

When using the Minitaur's LFO in midi sync mode, the LFO Clock Divider (cc: 86) work as it should starting from 4 Whole Notes (value 0 - 6) up until
1/8 Note (value 80 - 85); however, adjusting values beyond 1/8 Note gives me a completely incorrect LFO rate. This issue of the incorrect LFO rate ranges from a Dotted 1/16 Note (value 86) until a 1/64 Note Triplet (value 127), and the incorrect LFO rate itself sounds like it is 1/2 dot.

In other words, when I'm adjusting the midi sync'd LFO rate (cc: 86) whether via the latest Minitaur Editor, on the Minitaur panel itself, or via an external controller, the LFO gets faster and faster up until what should be a Dotted 1/16 (and above) which is when it snaps to what sounds like 1/2 dot.

The same issue occurs whether syncing with Ableton 8, 9 or Logic, or when syncing to an external drum machine, and occurs whether I am sending midi clock via USB or MIDI port.

As far as firmware goes, I get the same incorrect result using either 2.0.1 (posted in this forum march 21) or 2.0.0, and I've done a number of hardware and firmware resets via sysex (with no success in fixing this issue).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, porting the Minitaur editor to a dedicated VST / AU would be fantastic.

Cheers,

Victor

Phos4escence

Post by Phos4escence » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:24 am

How about a key combination on the Miniatur to save your current preset.

Nick B

Post by Nick B » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Any way to make the headphone output louder?

nectarios

Post by nectarios » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:54 am

vbogert wrote:Hi Amos

I have one major issue I'd like addressed:

When using the Minitaur's LFO in midi sync mode, the LFO Clock Divider (cc: 86) work as it should starting from 4 Whole Notes (value 0 - 6) up until
1/8 Note (value 80 - 85); however, adjusting values beyond 1/8 Note gives me a completely incorrect LFO rate. This issue of the incorrect LFO rate ranges from a Dotted 1/16 Note (value 86) until a 1/64 Note Triplet (value 127), and the incorrect LFO rate itself sounds like it is 1/2 dot.

In other words, when I'm adjusting the midi sync'd LFO rate (cc: 86) whether via the latest Minitaur Editor, on the Minitaur panel itself, or via an external controller, the LFO gets faster and faster up until what should be a Dotted 1/16 (and above) which is when it snaps to what sounds like 1/2 dot.

The same issue occurs whether syncing with Ableton 8, 9 or Logic, or when syncing to an external drum machine, and occurs whether I am sending midi clock via USB or MIDI port.

As far as firmware goes, I get the same incorrect result using either 2.0.1 (posted in this forum march 21) or 2.0.0, and I've done a number of hardware and firmware resets via sysex (with no success in fixing this issue).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, porting the Minitaur editor to a dedicated VST / AU would be fantastic.

Cheers,

Victor
I got that as well, its not always happening though... strange.
Eurorack, 5U, x0xb0x, Moog Slim Phatty, MF-102, MF-103, MF-108, CP-251, Beatstep Pro, Nord Lead 1, NI Maschine, MXR-104, ProCo RAT2, Big Muff π Bass, Logic Pro 9.
http://soundcloud.com/martianarts

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:54 pm

MINITAUR update ~ FirmWare/ REv3 APP Request ~ MIDI TRANSPOSE filtering

- to filter and transpose incoming MIDI data down into Minitaur's bass register ~ and/or at a specific interval
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

hooshirn

Post by hooshirn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:00 am

Lfo go's insane most the time slows back down half way up
have not really used this minituar after running into all the buggy issues

Been doing it from day one it turns back to slow about half way turned up cant get any audio range fx out of it
with this buggy lfo

the unit hangs and is a general nightmare to use so I don't hassle with it generally
Voyager XL, Minitaur,Theremen+, Fooger's, Midi delay and Midi murf, Freq box X 2, Ring mod, 101 Filter, Novation ultra station, ZR 76, MC808, Bent Casio's, 3 Speak and Spell's , M audio black box,Korg Monotribe, Ipad's with Animoog, Filtron on and on..

MTtaur

Post by MTtaur » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:28 am

Smoother interaction with Ableton. The physical knobs overriding any MIDI data that the Editor app is sending. Ability to change what CC channels the knobs are on to prevent cross signals. If you remodel the physical unit, an independent power button by the power supply input.

Kirk Markarian

Post by Kirk Markarian » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:10 am

Less "sensitive" LFO's would be nice - Sometimes I would like to add a bit of vibrato to the sound via the LFO, but after a very small turn (like 2mm) it goes right into full vibrato and then even more wacky and wild vibrato. The Minitaur is used on EVERY track I make :) and I won't buy a vibrato pedal. My ZVEX Instant Lo-FI Junky has vibrato on the tail end, but sometimes I want it before that.

I still love this synth and it's the best one that I've ever had.

erbansound

Post by erbansound » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi Amos,

thanks for keeping contact to the community, we really appreciate that!

As most issues being already stated, i want to point out one thing again:

* the editor should be able to listen and interact with the unit on other Midi Channels than Midi CH1.

I use the Minitaur in a big Live-setup with lots of other Midi Sources. In my Setup the Minitaur has to run on a Midi Channel other than CH1. In this case the Editor is really a pain to use. If you tweak your knobs out of a live situation to get the desired sound and you want finetune and save that sound with the editor, the editor really does some nasty stuff if the Values in the Main Window of the editor do not refer exactly to the settings of the unit (which is the case when using Midi Channels other than CH1 cause theres no capturing of value changes). Als a workaround i found the CTRL+C "Capture" function, but this seems to work only sometimes, and if it works its often not really accurate at some Values (sometimes its is, sometimes not... :roll: )

I'd really love this to be fixed, as the editor would be so much more useful for me then...

Thanks a lot for your effort,

Paul

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:25 am

Kirk Markarian wrote:Less "sensitive" LFO's would be nice - Sometimes I would like to add a bit of vibrato to the sound via the LFO, but after a very small turn (like 2mm) it goes right into full vibrato and then even more wacky and wild vibrato.
That was funny :lol: Frozen mod section, that's what it is. Sorry about the comment, I just could not let this one go.

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:39 am

But what is darn serious is that all this is about to change, at once and for good, very soon. Now I know for a fact.

Amos : Outstanding job. Thanks so much for all your work.... Oopps, is it a bit early to say ??? :roll: 8) :lol:

I hope my multi-trigger suggestion will make it too, the way I suggested if at all possible.

Casper

Post by Casper » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:28 am

Enable / disable program change would be a welcome feature.
Not having to push the button to change the envelope too.

And a way to delete the presets created, because it seems that they can be created but not deleted.

Sorry for my poor english.
=====================
Casper
=====================