Animoog iPhone AUDIOBUS???

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
doppyjoe

Animoog iPhone AUDIOBUS???

Post by doppyjoe » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Anyone got a clue why the iPhone version still doesn't have audiobus?

erniesfo

Re: Animoog iPhone AUDIOBUS???

Post by erniesfo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 pm

No I don't. The only thing I can think of is that Moog has not assigned resources to extend support to the iPhone - which is outrageous since it is very simple. Same with Filtatron.

My suggestion is to bug them with phone calls and emails and twitter posts calling Moog on this. It's what I do.

In fact, that's why I logged onto the forum today to see if there are others who are similarly incensed. Moog appears to be deliberately ignoring iPhone development despite the numbers of users who use iPhones, like ourselves.

Jeezs

Post by Jeezs » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Is there any news concerning Audiobus for Animoog.
Or a chance for inter app audio?

Satri

Post by Satri » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:35 am

Jeezs wrote:Is there any news concerning Audiobus for Animoog.
Audiobus for Animoog for iPad works well under iOS 6. Apparently, there are still serious issues with iOS 7.0.2, so users are advised to wait until Apple fixes CoreAudio in a future iOS 7.x release.

Hope this helps -- Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

nuno

Post by nuno » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:54 pm

Satri wrote: Apparently, there are still serious issues with iOS 7.0.2, so users are advised to wait until Apple fixes CoreAudio in a future iOS 7.x release.

Hope this helps -- Alex
Thanks for the tip-off Alex! :)

Cpu Red

Post by Cpu Red » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:34 am

I absolutely love animoog for iphone but I am severely disappointed that it's still not on audiobus. There hasn't been an update for 16 months!! I am all for being patient but that's pretty ridiculous. The ipad version has been updated to 2.0 for what a year now? When are the developers going to update the iphone version? Why are you ignoring your customer base? You have time to release timbre packs but not update your product ? It feels as though they have abandoned this app and I don't understand why.

jomazz

Post by jomazz » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Yes please update Animoog for iPhone /IPod with Audiobus!!!

Casio Man

Post by Casio Man » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:52 pm

This is another fine example why you always go universal.

hmtx

Post by hmtx » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:19 am

Moog has released an update to the iPhone version of Animoog!
Some people are reporting that the Audiobus and Inter-app audio implementations are not functioning, but it seems to work fine for me with inter-app audio.

Sincere thanks to Moog, I'm excited to see this get ironed out and also hopefully get inter-app audio for Filtatron and iPad Animoog before long.

hmtx

Post by hmtx » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:21 am

Audiobus is definitely not yet fully implemented.

Moog, I think you need to get the Audiobus guys to add the app to their registry. It does not show up in the list of compatible app inputs. Also, many thanks for the hard work! Any recommendations on a sound pack to show my support?

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:19 pm

hmtx wrote:Audiobus is definitely not yet fully implemented.

Moog, I think you need to get the Audiobus guys to add the app to their registry. It does not show up in the list of compatible app inputs. Also, many thanks for the hard work! Any recommendations on a sound pack to show my support?
We are working on this issue now and should have it resolved shortly. This didn't show up in any BETA testing, so our apologies.

-Your Friends at Moog

baasheep

Post by baasheep » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:53 am

Inter App Audio (IAA) is also broken on the Animoog for iPhone update. Although audio does transfer from Animoog to Garageband, for example, the sound is noisy (clicks and pops). Also, the IAA controls do not appear over the Animoog screen. It is necessary to manually close Animoog and return to Garageband to start and stop recordings. I hope this can be fixed by Moog because the only way to record into a DAW is still by AudioCopy. :cry:

MusicInclusive

Post by MusicInclusive » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:04 am

So - is the IAP restore on the iPhone version intentional? It's great news if it is. Can someone at Moog clarify the position on that please? Inquiring minds want to know. And, fix the update please too so that it actually works with Audiobus properly :-D

Kind regards

Derek.

georgekierstein

Post by georgekierstein » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:24 am

Hi Y'all - I'm the developer working on the iPhone (and iPad) updates to the suite of current Apps.

I hope I can answer your questions!

Regarding Audiobus issues: Yes there is a bug that I am working on now that should be fixed very shortly. There was some confusion on how to properly support both versions of the Animoog (the iPhone and iPad) that broke both. The iPad version is fixed and should be working properly as of yesterday and I've been coordinating with them for proper iPhone support.

IAP: Yes, the iPhone now includes restoring purchases although there currently is an issue with this working properly which will also be fixed with the next update.

IIA: I'll file the popping and clicking as a bug. Just so you know, you don't have to shut down Animoog to switch to another app. You can double-click the home button to see all currently running applications and then switch to your host for recording, etc. Adding the quick-flow UI component is a great feature request that I'll add to the list!

If you have any other questions I'll do my best to answer them!

Thanks
Ms. G

powaviolenza

Post by powaviolenza » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:55 pm

Hey there :) So glad Moog decided to update Animoog for iPhone. SOOO glad. I lost all hope more than a year ago ;)
THANK YOU for working on it !

I have a few inquiries if you dont mind :
- Why do we absolutely need IOS 7 to update? My guess is that it's IAA-related. Isnt there any way to make the app still IOS 6 compatible?
- Is there any way to implement an "hold" button?
- Is there any way to add the 4-track on the iphone version?

I'm so eager to try this with Filtatron, over some nice DM-1 beats.

And make some kickass Animoog infused sound design while I'm on the toilet.

THANKS AGAIN

Much regards,
Camille