help. minitaur issue with ableton

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
namahshaman

help. minitaur issue with ableton

Post by namahshaman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:32 am

Ok, so I'm using the Minitaur with Ableton live, no USB, only MIDI. I'm basically just using Live to sequence the Minitaur. The problem is, certain parameters (track volume, sends, etc), when adjusted in Live via mouse pad or Novation midi controller, affect the minitaur as well.

How do I turn off program control/program change on the Minitaur? –can't find it in the manual.

This should be a simple fix, since I control my Phatty and Voyager with Live (and the same midi controller) without this issue.

thanks

namahshaman

Re: help. minitaur issue with ableton

Post by namahshaman » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 am

Oh, come on . . . someone here has to know how to do this . . . please help.

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:32 am

seriously???

no one at all???

secmast

Post by secmast » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:07 pm

How the setup is done with your midi track ?
Is it a simple midi track or are you using the External instrument plugin in it ?

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:45 pm

just a simple MIDI track, MIDI cable only, no USB.

secmast

Post by secmast » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:21 am

If I understand you have a midi clip, played by live and suddenly some CC command are send to the minitor ?
No keyboard or other midi device attached and link to that track ?

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:48 am

I'm using a novation sl mkii 25 midi keyboard to control LIVE via USB. I also use MIDI out of the novation to play the Minitaur with the keyboard. However, if I adjust certain parameters in LIVE, either by mouse or by midi controller, it affects the Minitaur (i.e. adjusting the volume slider on a different, unrelated VST track, will change the cutoff frequency on the Minitaur).

I have tried disconnecting the MIDI keyboard from ableton LIVE, and just using a direct MIDI cable to the Minitaur, with this setup I don't have the same issue. So, I figure it must be a setting in LIVE... OR, the simplest solution, seemingly,I need to turn off program-change and/or program control on the Minitaur. This should be a simple task, as it is simply a menu option on the Phatty and the Voyager...

Why, oh why can't anyone tell me how to turn program control OFF???

Amos? Anyone?

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:38 am

I don't think you can turn off the PC, I did request it for the next firmware update:
http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... 68#p114286

Please add you requests too, I do think the synth needs the feature!
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

MTtaur

Post by MTtaur » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:41 am

I think the MIDI CC channels are the same as what the knobs on the Minitaur use. When you turn the knobs, do those parameters in Ableton change? I'm having the same problem - when I turn the Sustain knob for the Amp Filter, my tempo changes. When I turn a knob I've assigned to the tempo, the Amp Sustain value changes. I haven't tried changing my tempo with my mouse and seeing if that changes the Sustain, tho.

This is what I think will work, tho I haven't tried it yet: If you can change the CC channel for the knob (via some editor; I'm using an Akai MPK49 and it has its own editor app), change those until you find one that doesn't effect the Minitaur. Then be sure and reset your MIDI mappings in Ableton.

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:31 pm

if you make sure "Remote" is not enabled on the Minitaur's channels in Live's MIDI settings, it might help. you only need Track and maybe Sync enabled.

milltertime

Post by milltertime » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:27 am

Are you using Automap?