And the Gold Minimoog winner is...

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
timmy

And the Gold Minimoog winner is...

Post by timmy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:02 am

Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

tommyecho

Re: And the Gold Minimoog winner is...

Post by tommyecho » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:18 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You going to the i/o synth meetup this evening, timmy?
THE GOLDEN MINIMOOG VOYAGER #31

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:57 am

So who's this? Is this someone who works for Moog? I thought employees are usually exempt from competitions.
Websites: http://musicbysweep.com and http://theSynthiMusicSite.infinite9ths.com

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:48 am

He has some great videos on youtube.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

timmy

Post by timmy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 pm

tommyecho wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nah - I am laying low during this SXSW season. I have been working nonstop for the last 6 months on an iOS app for work and with this awesome weather upon us - I am finally RELAXING!!! I will probably resume to continue to refurb my CS-60 though... :)

Congrats on the Moog!
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:36 pm

EricK wrote:He has some great videos on youtube.
So you know who this guy is. Is he a Moog employee?
Websites: http://musicbysweep.com and http://theSynthiMusicSite.infinite9ths.com

tommyecho

Post by tommyecho » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi Sweep!

I feel crazy saying this, but I won the golden voyager! I use a lot of moog stuff, and if you search my posts, you can see some of the stuff I like to do.

I have no affiliation with Moog Music, though I am a huge fanboy: ) They were really, really AMAZING in how they went about this. They had "Switched on Austin" book me to do a day show during SXSW, and I was completely shocked when they presented me with the moog. I feel crazy lucky! Totally random, and undeserved, but I'm going to love this thing for ever! I frequently waste entire days off making synth patches and recording stuff, so I am really looking forward to spending some serious time with #31 (aka "goldie").

In addition to the unspeakable thrill of winning this (I"ve never won anything, besides the time when I won a free ticket to the "He-Man and She-RA" movie when I was a kid (turns out they didn't even play the movie in Ft. Smith AR ha ha)), it has been REALLY AWESOME meeting/hanging out with the guys from MOOG. They are really cool, down-to-earth guys, as you would expect.

I have not posted in the comments on facebook or anything, so this is my first post about this. I've been partying and going to shows/ synth meetups PERPETUALLY since winning #31, plus I feel just a bit awkward posting about this at all (don't have words to communicate how happy I am about it, plus I don't know what is appropriate to say to everyone else about it. ..). I always automatically assume that I will not win something like this, based on the odds. I'm not a lottery ticket buyer, and don't really go in for long-shot forutune, so this is really surreal to me. I guess that's why they were able to fooling me into being there on video without knowing that I was about to win this crazy thing! I feel a little incoherent right now, but maybe I'll post again, or edit this post at some point to describe how it all went down.

tommyecho

Post by tommyecho » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:54 pm

EricK wrote:He has some great videos on youtube.
That's very nice of you to say, EricK: )

tommyecho

Post by tommyecho » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:55 pm

timmy wrote:
tommyecho wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nah - I am laying low during this SXSW season. I have been working nonstop for the last 6 months on an iOS app for work and with this awesome weather upon us - I am finally RELAXING!!! I will probably resume to continue to refurb my CS-60 though... :)

Congrats on the Moog!
Yes this weather is AMAZING! Cool, well maybe we can get a beer sometime (once you're done with your app)?

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Congrats. :mrgreen:
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

MC

Post by MC » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Someone needs to update their avatar 8)
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:41 pm

tommyecho wrote:Hi Sweep!....
[etc]

Hi. Thanks for your reply. The reason I asked if you work for Moog was because of the video. You were obviously there with Moog staff without knowing you'd won anything, which seemed strange and prompted my question.

I'm glad to know everything's fine and above board, and congratulations on your win.

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:00 am

so, this guy who already owns the coveted XL, now owns the gold Voyager . . . anyone else a little jealous? haha

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:13 am

Congrats, Thomas!!! :D

Wow, I would be in quite the quandary in your shoes ~
Keep that bad boy out and play it all the time, or secure and display it in it's own custom-built mood-lit Plexiglas enclosure!!

Awesome dude!! 8)
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

CZ Rider

Post by CZ Rider » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:40 am

Just watched the video,awesome!
Congratulations Tommy!
Something to pass on to your childeren.
Hope you really enjoy "goldie". That is a very special Voyager, and what a fun way to get one too. 8)
1P Modular,Minimoog,VoyagerRME,CustomMinimoog,Prodigy,MG-1 TaurusII,Opus3,Rogue,Source,Liberation,Micromoog,1125S&H,
1130Perc.x2,1150Ribbonx2,Custom1150,1120Pedal,Songprod,CP-251,VX-351
VX-352,Etherwave,Synampx2,Lil'Phatty,Sonic Six