Little Phatty gig bag alternatives

Everything Phatty.
dvalladt

Little Phatty gig bag alternatives

Post by dvalladt » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:17 am

Hi all,

This has been asked before, but all I've been able to find is a way too old thread that might as well be updated...

I want to take my Little Phatty to live concerts and I am wondering if there are good (as in "cheaper") alternatives to the Moog Little Phatty Gig Bag (75 € in Thomann at the time I'm writing this). I might as well pick up the official one as I want to take proper care of the Little Phatty, but still wonder about alternatives...

Thanks in advance!

ricknboogie

Re: Little Phatty gig bag alternatives

Post by ricknboogie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:07 pm

The Moog LP bag is custom fit for the LP, and nothing else is.

dvalladt

Post by dvalladt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:32 am

ricknboogie, thanks for your answer.

So no alternatives on this front... good to know.

Regards!

Sofine

Post by Sofine » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:13 am

Thomann do a Thon hard case for the little phatty for around 159 euro. I am considering getting one. Email them about it if you are interested.

I would be nervous using a soft bag for the phatty - it's too valuable!

dvalladt

Post by dvalladt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:43 am

Thomann do a Thon hard case for the little phatty for around 159 euro. I am considering getting one. Email them about it if you are interested.
That's good to know! Thanks for the info.
I know what you mean... will consider the hard case. Might as well ask about experiences with the soft bag to have a little piece of mind about using it, or discarding the idea completely... :?

jonalexher

Post by jonalexher » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:33 am

I have a luthier friend of mine working on a metal case for me right now, he's putting foam all over the inside so it's well protected. It's a pretty old looking case so it looks pretty worn which I find nice, he had one in his storage and the LP fit in perfectly. So you could probably find a metal case like this somewhere around your town and make an offer, then take it to some guy who could put some foam or something in the inside so the LP sits in it nicely, hope it helps! I'll upload some pics once I get it back if you're interested, I'm gonna go pick it up on friday

Sofine

Post by Sofine » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:11 am

dvalladt wrote:
That's good to know! Thanks for the info.
I know what you mean... will consider the hard case. Might as well ask about experiences with the soft bag to have a little piece of mind about using it, or discarding the idea completely... :?
I ordered that hard thon custom case on Monday. Should take 2 weeks. I will take a photo of the phatty sleeping in the case for you to see!