Sub Phatty ships with patch editor

Everything Sub.
e3p0

Sub Phatty ships with patch editor

Post by e3p0 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Any idea if this will work with LP? I am not complaining or saying I need an editor for free. I would like one though. It is nice that Moog heard the complaints about the lack of supplied editor with the Slim and LP and are shipping sub phatties with one. I have used MIDIOX for saving and loading patched (with a tiny learning curve) but would like the flexibility to globally change functions like ARP settings and such.

-e

Sir Nose

Re: Sub Phatty ships with patch editor

Post by Sir Nose » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:36 am

The minitaur and sub P have included editors because there are parameters that can not be edited from the panel of the synth. If I get one I'll just end up using midi CCs for the under the hood parameters.

e3p0

Post by e3p0 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Amos' demo from NAMM was pretty in depth and seemingly many of the "under the hood" functions of the sub phatty are all accessible with button presses. I was just wondering if the sub phatty editor should work for LP. The demo was so good I want to sell my LP and get a sub phatty even for noise alone.

As I said, I don't need a free editor, but am not likely to pay $70, after buying a $1300 KB, for one either.

I also noticed the Minataur ships with a sticker (the likes of which it is rumored you can get when you register your LP too).

Sorry to gripe. I don't want to be a whiner.

Anybody know if the sub phatty editor might work for other phatties?
-e

muksys

Post by muksys » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 am

no one will know until the MIDI implementation chart is released.

Yes, if you register your Moog device, a sticker will be mailed to you. It takes a loonnng time to get on so be patient. The sticker that ships with the minitaur is different. It says "all your bass are belong to us" under Moog.

e3p0

Post by e3p0 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Thanks. I registered 2 years ago. How long is long?
-e

mrboxxed

Post by mrboxxed » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:42 am

e3p0 wrote:Thanks. I registered 2 years ago. How long is long?
-e
...me too still nothing.

ricknboogie

Post by ricknboogie » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:05 pm

I don't know about the editor, and not sure about the sticker either, BUT, received a nice letter with a MOOG sticker in the mail yesterday. Haven't bought any Moog gear for a good while. But, there it was. If you don't expect it, it'll be a surprise.

jamezdd73

Post by jamezdd73 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:12 am

e3p0 wrote:Thanks. I registered 2 years ago. How long is long?
I registered 4 years ago, still nothin'!
Little Phatty Stage II #3602, MoogerFooger CP-251 #1785
MF-103 12 Stage Phaser #6093, MF-104m Analog Delay #0301
--
My band: www.facebook.com/InstantMorning

mico

Post by mico » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:34 pm

To the original post of this thread, the Sub Phatty does not ship with a patch editor/librarian. While this was initially the plan, they are currently still working on this piece of software. At present, it is not even currently available as a beta. Rest assured though, they will be releasing it in the coming months.
Moog Sub 37 (#0133), Ibanez M80M, & Doomy Bow
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty

mico

Post by mico » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:38 pm

To quote Amos:
"Hi guys! I would estimate "definitely the next month or two" on the editor/librarian. It's very actively in development now, although it's too soon to share any screenshots or beta versions.

There will be a graphical editing UI for all preset parameters at once, and a librarian interface with drag and drop loading of presets to and from the synth, the ability to organize presets by category and subfolder, save and load all-presets files (which will be helpful later when there are backline Sub Phatty synths for touring musicians)...

It's probably not too late to incorporate any really crucial feature requests for the Editor/Librarian, so if you have any, please share.

Thanks!"
Moog Sub 37 (#0133), Ibanez M80M, & Doomy Bow
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty