Recent Forum Sabotage

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
moogmusic
Site Admin

Recent Forum Sabotage

Post by moogmusic » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:52 am

To all of the Moog Forum Members,

Over the weekend we had two individuals completely load down several of the topic categories with disturbing images and hate language. I am very sorry if many of you were exposed to this.
On Monday morning one of the devoted Forum Members called us up to report this atrocity. We immediately banned the participants and deleted their posts.

We really appreciate the high level of commitment by our Forum Members to help keep this forum strong.

Thank you!

moogmusic

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:04 am

Thanks for the quick clean-up!

kb

Post by kb » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:31 pm

I was surprised by what I did see. I was in the library, and I clicked back so I never saw the foul comments.

What was most disappointing to me was the fact that anyone even replied to the moron.

MC

Post by MC » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:39 pm

I was away all weekend. Glad I missed them. Thanks for the prompt cleanup.

The Unknown

Post by The Unknown » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:36 pm

kb wrote:What was most disappointing to me was the fact that anyone even replied to the moron.
I was one of those who did and, in hindsight, I agree that it would have been better to ignore those idiots. It just made me so angry that our 'meeting place' should be defaced in such a manner - especially the racist images. We are so much better than that.

Thanks to moogmusic for their swift action.
It is better to be loved or hated than to be regarded with indifference.
I might look a fool, I might act the fool, but take me for a fool and I'll make a fool of you.
If the past is ill, make the future better.

RFBB

Post by RFBB » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:10 pm

I admit I was concerned but am relieved to see that there has been a stop put to those two.
M. PECK MUSIC
www.limitedwave.com/redweb

The Subterraneous
www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:48 am

It was unfortunate to be sure.

But an "atrocity"???

Lot's of behavior may qualify, but spamming a BBS isn't one of those behaviors IMHO.

THM

Post by THM » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:43 am

kb wrote:What was most disappointing to me was the fact that anyone even replied to the moron.

I did too but my experience in other forums learns me that ignoring is no solution. Some will leave but others will keep coming back and write all their crap...
http://www.myspace.com/thmsynthfreak

Indeed

Post by Indeed » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:43 am

i replied to the defacators, i just couldn't stand there (sit here) and watch them crap all over this wonderful forum that i visit everyday! but in hindsight, perhaps my posts only contributed to the mess...

:idea:
MPC3000, MF-101, 102, 103, 104Z, 105M, 108m, 107, CP-251, MINI MODEL D, OB-8, ALESIS A6, ARP ODYSSEY MK1, RHODES MK1

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:20 am

I did see the shocking image. I hope they were IP banned.

herw

Post by herw » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:59 am

Boeing 737-400 wrote:I did see the shocking image. I hope they were IP banned.
Still there seems to be and to grow fascism. It was my first day in this forum and i am glad that these posts are deleted. Perhaps you have googled to there nicknames (they have logged in on several forums). You will see that they are kids aged 15. It is a shame that parents and teachers are not able to answer to fascist thinking.

herw

PS: many thanks to the administrators for reacting quickly

ebg31

Post by ebg31 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:38 am

I suppoe we can be thankful that not everyone completely caught wind of those younguns' behavior. I corresponded with Kevin Lightner about it, and he said he hadn't seen any of those posts. Perhaps, it's better that way. I've been through a whole lot in a short time, and I don't ever want to be privy to such gross negativity, again.
"The greatest thing we ever have is the will to survive," - Eric Benjamin Gordon, 2001

Thank you Lord for Doctor Robert Moog!

http://www.ericbenjamingordon.com
http://www.myspace.com/ericbenjamingordon
http://cdbaby.com/cd/ebgordon

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:18 am

I think the thing that comes out of this is that the website owners have the power. The kind of rubbish being posted recently can be deleted so long as someone informs Moog of what's happening.

I chose not to respond to these two idiots, but as THM said, that doesn't always help. Holding up a mirror to their stupidity by confronting them with their immature behaviour may do some good, anyway. And that can be done without necessarily rising to the bait.

This has only happend once in all the time I've been on this forum, which is pretty good by Internet standards. It's good to find a forum that doesn't require much moderating. But the Internet is a place where any idiot can wander in and butt into an adult conversation sometimes. It's also fairly easy to remove them. Personally I'm glad a couple of people told them how stupid they are before they got booted. That's probably a nice balance.

Two immature kids and the occasional spam posting is easy enough to live with. Annoying at the time, but a very minor interruption to what we're here for.

Drew

Post by Drew » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:23 am

Boeing 737-400 wrote:I did see the shocking image. I hope they were IP banned.

no point boeing most people today dont have static ip's anymore

Qwave

Post by Qwave » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:30 pm

Thanks for Moog Music for running and "cleaning" this forum !
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Till "Qwave" Kopper

[url=http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Squarewave/]Squarewave Group[/url] member "waldorfian_qwave"