Animoog/Ableton live connect MIDI and audio

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
gab66

Animoog/Ableton live connect MIDI and audio

Post by gab66 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:57 pm

Hello, i want to sequence animoog with ableton live
i have readed older posts about this subject but it wasn't clear for me.
Can i sequence animoog with ableton and how? what app do i have to use for the midi connection?

Then i'd like to connect the audio on my live set.
Can the audio go out via the USB like i do with my Access Virus TI? or do i have to use the headphone out?

thank you

Stuka

Re: Animoog/Ableton live connect MIDI and audio

Post by Stuka » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Several options discussed in this thread:

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17311

The NEW version (not out yet) of iConnect MIDI will support iOS device audio out through the 30-pin / lighting connector via USB.

For now, the Alesis iO Dock is one of the best "all in one" options out if you have a 30-pin iPad - and prices have dropped dramatically recently!
MIDI over DIN and USB, audio over conventional audio connections ( so you'll need to feed an "audio in" on your computer or audio interface), AND charges the iPad while it's connected.

Otherwise, just about any MIDI interface MADE for iOS devices will give you connectivity to your computer, but many of these require that you have a MIDI interface on the computer side as well (MIDI DIN only). The headphone jack on your iOS device can be used for audio, but you'll still need to feed an "audio in" on your computer or audio interface.
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

gab66

Re: Animoog/Ableton live connect MIDI and audio

Post by gab66 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Hello!! i think that i'll wait for iConnect MIDI, i think it is a good all in one and professional solution.
i don't really like to use ipad's audio out.
thanks a lot for your answer because my english is not perfect and i was lost in the others threads... :D