NEW ALBUM, please listen . . .

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
namahshaman

NEW ALBUM, please listen . . .

Post by namahshaman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:39 am

and buy if you like. ha.

-tracks 2 and 4 have lots of self-endulgent synth tweaking. Voyager, Phatty, and Foogers aplenty.

Please share this if you enjoy it. Also, feel free to offer critiques.

Thanks in advance. Enjoy.

http://transmutemusic.bandcamp.com

stiiiiiiive

Re: NEW ALBUM, please listen . . .

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:18 am

Listening right now, sounds really good.

Is the organ produced by the Nord?

ZenHead

Post by ZenHead » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:23 am

Sounds good. I especially like Sigilae. Where did you record this?

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:57 pm

thanks, stiiiiiiive. Yes, it's the nord electro 2 for the organ. We recorded two tracks though, one DI, and then a Marshall 900 mic-ed. For the organ swells with delay, we ran the DI line through the MF-104m, and then the amped line went through an EHX DMM.

thanks, ZenHead. We actually recorded this in our rehearsal space, with the very talented Sean Peterson of Pensacola Audio Documentation.
Last edited by namahshaman on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:37 am

Ok, where are my other forum buddies on this one? Kenneth, Alain, Voltor, Omaroo, Dave, etc.

Cpt Beardheart

Post by Cpt Beardheart » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Hey! Really nice work. I appreciated the Ministry shout out. :)

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:09 pm

I can't believe I missed this! :o Track four is definitely my favorite! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:53 pm

This is very well done. It is one of those that you must listen to as one long piece it seems. I hear a lot of influences...Tool, Les Claypool, Floyd

I'm impressed!

I like how nothing is overdone, not the guitar solos or anything. It is dark, atmospheric and restrained. Excellent work. Very good arranging.

I used to live in Pensacola and It seemed like all they wanted to listen to was Buffett and they told me that clubs will kick you out if you play the drums too loud. This was also the same guy who told me that he taught Bob Dylan how to play the harmonica. He was going to teach me, but I didn't have a harmonica at the time and I didn't exactly feel like swapping spit with him.

I just stopped going over there.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

moogsaurus

Post by moogsaurus » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Impressive!..
Just thought of movie soundtracks, dark eerie maybe something evil about to burst out of the closet!
I remember Friedkin when he made the Exorcist, wishing he'd heard of Tangerine Dream beforehand to do the soundtrack!.. Atmospheric - with a touch of disturbia!
Me...I make happy, tappy music now!

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks, Cpt Beardheart. It was actually an Aleister Crowley shout-out, with a little nod to Ministry for also finding the humor in Crowley's Psalm69.

Voltor07!!!! (my favorite one to play live, ha)

EricK, thanks for the kind words. Indeed, it is definitely meant to be listened to as one piece from start to finish (which is also how we play it live, although tracks 2 and 4 get extended and improvised quite a bit). As for Pensacola, I grew up here, then moved away for college and did some traveling after that, when I came back it had changed a lot. Things are finally picking up here, the music scene is growing exponentially, and downtown has blown up with great business. You can still find the Buffet-boozing-beach-bums, but luckily they're somewhat of a dinosaur these days, stumbling toward extinction.

moogsaurus, thanks for the comments. We would love to do some soundtrack/scoring work, we're all big film nerds. As for dark vs. happy, I believe that's all a matter of perception. I've heard plenty people say that our music is quite positive and up-lifting, particularly at live events. But, some of us are weird, not many sounds make me happier than a live Tool concert, I guess most people might call them dark. ("don't just call me negative, try and read between the lines." haha). Anyway, thanks for listening.

Thanks everyone.

Cpt Beardheart

Post by Cpt Beardheart » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:32 pm

Cool, you out-referenced me! I never knew Psalm 69 was a Crowley thing. Makes sense though.
namahshaman wrote:Thanks, Cpt Beardheart. It was actually an Aleister Crowley shout-out, with a little nod to Ministry for also finding the humor in Crowley's Psalm69.

Voltor07!!!! (my favorite one to play live, ha)

EricK, thanks for the kind words. Indeed, it is definitely meant to be listened to as one piece from start to finish (which is also how we play it live, although tracks 2 and 4 get extended and improvised quite a bit). As for Pensacola, I grew up here, then moved away for college and did some traveling after that, when I came back it had changed a lot. Things are finally picking up here, the music scene is growing exponentially, and downtown has blown up with great business. You can still find the Buffet-boozing-beach-bums, but luckily they're somewhat of a dinosaur these days, stumbling toward extinction.

moogsaurus, thanks for the comments. We would love to do some soundtrack/scoring work, we're all big film nerds. As for dark vs. happy, I believe that's all a matter of perception. I've heard plenty people say that our music is quite positive and up-lifting, particularly at live events. But, some of us are weird, not many sounds make me happier than a live Tool concert, I guess most people might call them dark. ("don't just call me negative, try and read between the lines." haha). Anyway, thanks for listening.

Thanks everyone.

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:30 am

Cpt Beardheart wrote:Cool, you out-referenced me! I never knew Psalm 69 was a Crowley thing. Makes sense though.

Ha ha. Yeah, it's from Chapter 69 of The Book of Lies. It's about using that position to perform a sex-magick ritual, haha. Hence, how to succeed (suck seed) and suck eggs. ha ha ha.