Taurus OS Feature Request

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
EricK

Taurus OS Feature Request

Post by EricK » Mon May 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Please design the next Taurus OS to where it is just as easy to setup polyphony as the Slim Phatty supposedly is.

We need a way to better integrate all of the main Moog keyboards so that they play well with eachother.

Heres what I want to accomplish:
1. I want to drone a bass note with the Voyager keyboard, while I play a lead with the upper part of the Voyager keyboard.
2. I would also like to be able to disable all of the Midi control from the Voyager except the keyboard. I want to tweak the params of the Voyager without changing the sound of the Taurus.

Transposing the Voyager's keyboard down to maximize the useful range of the Taurus makes the Voyager's engine useless from the Keyboard.

Surely you can fix this, especially in the wake of the Slim Phatty.

Thanks for hearing me out,
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

patobrujo

Re: Taurus OS Feature Request

Post by patobrujo » Tue May 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi Erick, i think your request is more oriented to a future update of the Voyager's OS instead of the T3's, but anyway i think it's a good idea that we put our ideas in one tread and make it easier for Amos when he found the time to make the new OS for our beasts. I personally would like to see:

- All known bugs in the current OS fixed.
- Transpose midi notes per preset.
- Add velocity value 127 as a fixed value.
- Filter midi out (notes only, CC, etc. as on the new LP OS)
- Unlike many of you guys my T3 is my main controller so i'll like it to be as flexible as it can get

:twisted:
..::PATOBRUJO::..

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Tue May 10, 2011 10:42 pm

EricK wrote:1. I want to drone a bass note with the Voyager keyboard, while I play a lead with the upper part of the Voyager keyboard.
2. I would also like to be able to disable all of the Midi control from the Voyager except the keyboard. I want to tweak the params of the Voyager without changing the sound of the Taurus.
+1

mico

Post by mico » Mon May 30, 2011 8:34 am

patobrujo wrote:Hi Erick, i think your request is more oriented to a future update of the Voyager's OS instead of the T3's, but anyway i think it's a good idea that we put our ideas in one tread and make it easier for Amos when he found the time to make the new OS for our beasts. I personally would like to see:

- Unlike many of you guys my T3 is my main controller so i'll like it to be as flexible as it can get

The Taurus III is my main synthesizer as well and I couldn't agree more on making the Taurus III as flexible as it can be.

The Librarian/Editor and OS update discussed on the dedicated Taurus forum by Amos almost a year ago would be more than a nice start. :D
Moog Sub 37 (#0133), Ibanez M80M, & Doomy Bow
MF-102 • MF-103 • MF-105m • KE Kommander • MHI B:a (Germ. w/EQ mod) • Strymon Timeline
Previous: Model D, Taurus, Taurus III, Little Phatty SE II (Solar Edition w/CV Out mod), Sub Phatty

Amos

Post by Amos » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:38 pm

patobrujo wrote:Hi Erick, i think your request is more oriented to a future update of the Voyager's OS instead of the T3's, but anyway i think it's a good idea that we put our ideas in one tread and make it easier for Amos when he found the time to make the new OS for our beasts. I personally would like to see:

This all sounds good... I'm working on the new Moogerfooger already so I can't promise when I will get to update Taurus, but I will definitely do it.

Can you list here any Taurus bugs you know about? (all replies welcome)

I haven't looked inside the Taurus code for a while, my memory about the OS could use some refreshing.

Thanks!

-Amos

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Sticking notes in arp mode is the most consistent bug I have encountered.
Voyager EB #165, T3 #292, MF-101, 102, 103, 104SD, 2x104MSD, 105M, 107, 108M, MP-201, VX-351, CP-251, Frostwave Fat Controller.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Sticking notes when used via MIDI, regardless of using arp or not.

Nice to see Amos around these parts, I thought Moog had forgotten us.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Hey Amos!! great to see you in this forum, i think that the only known bugs are the ones that arkadin y c7 already mention. We are anxiously awaiting for this update.... thanx
..::PATOBRUJO::..

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:52 pm

velocity on vcfcuttoff and/ or eg times etc. not just with midi, but also for the internal soundmachine

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Amos,
I have noticed that riding the wheel for filter cutoff alot will cause stuck midi notes, if it is controlling the arp or whatever parameter.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:22 pm

YES!!! ~ Voyager OS request ~ PLEAASSSSSSE :D
patobrujo wrote:- Filter midi out (notes only, CC, etc. as on the new LP OS)
:
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

Twoorless16

Post by Twoorless16 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:42 pm

I have my Taurus linked with a microKorg XL. Previous to the new Firmware when I would play my microKorg my Taurus would not play a tone above Middle C (Midi note 60). Now the Taurus plays tones up to and including Middle C and above (Midi notes 61-120) the Taurus plays some note above Middle C, the same note no matter what key I hit above Middle C. It is quite obnoxious as it clashes with the correct notes being played on the microKorg.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:24 am

Twoorless16 wrote:I have my Taurus linked with a microKorg XL. Previous to the new Firmware when I would play my microKorg my Taurus would not play a tone above Middle C (Midi note 60). Now the Taurus plays tones up to and including Middle C and above (Midi notes 61-120) the Taurus plays some note above Middle C, the same note no matter what key I hit above Middle C. It is quite obnoxious as it clashes with the correct notes being played on the microKorg.
The Taurus can only go so high. It is a bass synthesizer, after all. Also, it uses the V/Hz architecture, so the pitch is limited due to the voltage increasing beyond what the circuitry could handle past a certain note.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Twoorless16

Post by Twoorless16 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Voltor07 wrote:
Twoorless16 wrote:I have my Taurus linked with a microKorg XL. Previous to the new Firmware when I would play my microKorg my Taurus would not play a tone above Middle C (Midi note 60). Now the Taurus plays tones up to and including Middle C and above (Midi notes 61-120) the Taurus plays some note above Middle C, the same note no matter what key I hit above Middle C. It is quite obnoxious as it clashes with the correct notes being played on the microKorg.
The Taurus can only go so high. It is a bass synthesizer, after all. Also, it uses the V/Hz architecture, so the pitch is limited due to the voltage increasing beyond what the circuitry could handle past a certain note.
All true, though the Taurus plays a tone when I play a note above middle C on the microKorg. This only started happening at Firmware Version 2.0.1.
I downgraded back to v1.14 and did not have a tone above middle C. I could stay at v1.14 but then I loose many of the useful upgrades that came with 2.01

This video here demonstrates that in the past there was no tone above a C3, It should be C4 based on the MIDI Implementation Chart in the manual but the point is that there is no tone heard.

Example starts at the 3:17 minute mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWfaOxJkdI

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Very interesting. That's something to e-mail Amos about.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.