problems with the moog online shop

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
p8guitar

problems with the moog online shop

Post by p8guitar » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:47 am

In September 2012 I asked via the "contact" formular on the moog website if it is possible to aquire the moog guitar strings in germany at a music shop, or if they are sold only at the moog online shop. I did'nt get an answer.

On October 8th I ordered 12 sets of moog guitar strings at the moog online shop.
Now 6 weeks later the order status is still "processing". Does anyone know what "processing" means?
I asked two weeks ago about my order but didn't get an answer.

My impression:
Moog does take your money. But they don't like to deliver the goods very much, and they don't like to answer questions.
Sorry for the rant...

p8guitar

Re: problems with the moog online shop

Post by p8guitar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:14 pm

My order is now on "processing" for 10 weeks. I asked 3 times about my order and didn't get any response.
This is getting really ridiculous. Unfortunately I need this strings...

Can anyone confirm that it is possible to buy this Moog guitar strings at the online shop? Or are they just vaporware?
Last edited by p8guitar on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm surprised as many people here have called/mailed the Moog customer department and got pleased with the service.

I had 3-4 mail exchanges with the tech support and it went all the same.

Try to find the right mail adress on the website and mail them, if not done :)

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:03 pm

I would double check that eMail address extra carefully and try using the telephone if I were you, because what you're saying doesn't add up! :?
I'm another user who has had nothing less than superb customer service from Moog. Tech Support by telephone and eMail has always been completely courteous and provided immediate solutions to every issue without fail. The one time I had problems and didn't like a product (3rd party software reported elsewhere in our user forum) Moog gave me a complete and immediate refund. As far as the online store, MOOG mails everything I have ordered the next day (four or five orders so far) ~ even over the Christmas rush, they were amazing. They helped me locate a retailer for my XL last week and filled out an online mail order I placed this week - Dec. 23 or 24th (?) processed and filled today on Boxing Day! My thanksgiving order arrived very very quickly, as well in just a few days to Toronto, Canada. Note that both of these orders included items on sale at a discount as well as free promotion items! ~ an EP-2 expression pedal last time and an ASDR Coaster set in the latest order. THANK YOU MOOG!!! :D
By comparison, it's not unusual to wait an average of 3 months to order a Moog instrument from a retail store in this city. In fact, I am still waiting for an MF-104M I ordered from a local retailer last October.

BTW; Strings are currently in stock at Sweetwater:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MoogStL3pk/
I just posted about Sweetwater, who actually included a free bag of candy in my order and called me the day after I got it to make sure I was happy with everything. These guys don't fool around, either!
Both Moog & Sweetwater have given me levels of service that are seriously out of this world. Good luck! :)
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

p8guitar

Post by p8guitar » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:54 am

misterpete wrote:I would double check that eMail address extra carefully and try using the telephone if I were you, because what you're saying doesn't add up! :?
I'm another user who has had nothing less than superb customer service from Moog. Tech Support by telephone and eMail has always been completely courteous and provided immediate solutions to every issue without fail. The one time I had problems and didn't like a product (3rd party software reported elsewhere in our user forum) Moog gave me a complete and immediate refund. As far as the online store, MOOG mails everything I have ordered the next day (four or five orders so far) ~ even over the Christmas rush, they were amazing. They helped me locate a retailer for my XL last week and filled out an online mail order I placed this week - Dec. 23 or 24th (?) processed and filled today on Boxing Day! My thanksgiving order arrived very very quickly, as well in just a few days to Toronto, Canada. Note that both of these orders included items on sale at a discount as well as free promotion items! ~ an EP-2 expression pedal last time and an ASDR Coaster set in the latest order. THANK YOU MOOG!!! :D
By comparison, it's not unusual to wait an average of 3 months to order a Moog instrument from a retail store in this city. In fact, I am still waiting for an MF-104M I ordered from a local retailer last October.

I just posted about Sweetwater, who actually included a free bag of candy in my order and called me the day after I got it to make sure I was happy with everything. These guys don't fool around, either!
Both Moog & Sweetwater have given me levels of service that are seriously out of this world. Good luck! :)
Fine for you that you had these good experience with moog. But to deduce from this good experiences that my problem must be my fault ("what you are saying doesn't add up") is a bit naive, isn't it?
I used the contact form on their website to ask about my order. Tree times I got an automatic reply, so the e-mail address was correct. And I provided a second email address from another provider in case there was a problem with my spam filter.
But two times I didn't get a further response apart form the automatic one, and my order stayed on "processing" for 10 weeks.

Yesterday I got the first response from Moog. They don't know why my order was "missed".They offer priority shipping, which is kind, so I can expect to receive the strings soon. They didn't explain why my first two inquiries were not answered, but I don't want to bear a grudge, it's ok now.

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:10 pm

I have the exact same problem with my order.

I ordered my Moogerfooger & Minitaur Rackmount Kits 12 Weeks ago. The order is still "processing" and I have tried emailing using the online contact form with no response.

The Moogerfoogers/Minitaur themselves and the 19" Rack Case have been lying around for ages waiting on this one piece to complete the system.

In the past, I've had good answers to problems WHEN I get through to someone, but I've sent alot of emails (both through the online contact form, and straight to various people at Moog Music) that have gone un-noticed.

My assumption is now that my order has also been "missed" - I guess I was hoping it was on it's way to New Zealand as I waited.

Anyway, back to trying to contact Moog Music..

David.
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Great! Glad it worked out for you.
Sorry for any confusion, I was just trying to help. 8)
p8guitar wrote:
misterpete wrote:I would double check that eMail address extra carefully and try using the telephone if I were you, because what you're saying doesn't add up! :?

Fine for you that you had these good experience with moog. But to deduce from this good experiences that my problem must be my fault ("what you are saying doesn't add up") is a bit naive, isn't it?
I used the contact form on their website to ask about my order. Tree times I got an automatic reply, so the e-mail address was correct. And I provided a second email address from another provider in case there was a problem with my spam filter.
But two times I didn't get a further response apart form the automatic one, and my order stayed on "processing" for 10 weeks.

Yesterday I got the first response from Moog. They don't know why my order was "missed".They offer priority shipping, which is kind, so I can expect to receive the strings soon. They didn't explain why my first two inquiries were not answered, but I don't want to bear a grudge, it's ok now.
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D