What is system utilities' function Preset MWHL: on/off?

Everything Phatty.
jtmmorrow

What is system utilities' function Preset MWHL: on/off?

Post by jtmmorrow » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:48 pm

Slim phatty -- Software version 3.12 680/31

I can't find any documentation on this and have not been able to figure it out.

Can someone please help?

Kenneth

Re: What is system utilities' function Preset MWHL: on/off?

Post by Kenneth » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:20 am

hmm. looks like it stands for "mod wheel", but the slim doesn't have wheels does it?
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:14 pm

I have a LP, withouth any SP's, but my guess is that it is a setting which either enables or disables the use of the moduulation bus w/o an external modwheel controller. I know that a heavily requested feature was the ability to ane mod wheel positions to presets; maybe it happened with the SP and that setting either enables or disables that setting. I would just leave it on unless weird things happen with mod wheels.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:50 pm

hey, sorry for the lack of documentation; I'll work on that as soon as I can.

What this feature does is it controls whether a preset "mod wheel" value is loaded when you load a new preset. If it's turned on, you can press and hold the Mod Amount button and set a "mod wheel" amount, which is saved when you save the preset. If the Preset MWHL function is turned on, it essentially allows you to set and recall a programmable modulation depth which is recalled whenever you reload the preset.

Hope this helps!

-Amos

** I would have added this feature to the LP also, but there is not currently space in the LP code to add it. I have a clever plan to free some more room in the code, when I get a chance... perhaps later this year.

jtmmorrow

Post by jtmmorrow » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks Amos and Others.

I was working this out with the help of jeepo's post, and it is good to have it clarified.

xombiexplox

Post by xombiexplox » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:12 pm

Amos wrote:hey, sorry for the lack of documentation; I'll work on that as soon as I can.

What this feature does is it controls whether a preset "mod wheel" value is loaded when you load a new preset. If it's turned on, you can press and hold the Mod Amount button and set a "mod wheel" amount, which is saved when you save the preset. If the Preset MWHL function is turned on, it essentially allows you to set and recall a programmable modulation depth which is recalled whenever you reload the preset.

Hope this helps!

-Amos

** I would have added this feature to the LP also, but there is not currently space in the LP code to add it. I have a clever plan to free some more room in the code, when I get a chance... perhaps later this year.
Hahaha I feel like an idiot, but can someone please explain this like I'm five?
:'(
GEAR: Slingshot, yo-yo, baseball cap, heaphones, gummi wormz

muksys

Post by muksys » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:22 pm

xombiexplox wrote: Hahaha I feel like an idiot, but can someone please explain this like I'm five?
:'(
at about 8:10 of the sonic state review video it's explained. Hope that helps

jgeers01

Post by jgeers01 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Amos wrote:** I would have added this feature to the LP also, but there is not currently space in the LP code to add it. I have a clever plan to free some more room in the code, when I get a chance... perhaps later this year.
I would really like to see this function in the LP. Did you already succeed to free up some room? Or is there another way to programm the wheel amount?