Download Preset with SysEx Librarian

Everything Phatty.
layer0

Download Preset with SysEx Librarian

Post by layer0 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:14 pm

I downloaded the white preset, before uploading I wanted to dump my current settings, the file downloaded was always changing size (10KB or 16.3 or16.4) While hte one downloaded from moog is 16.9

Uploading the one from moog is all ok, if I upload back the one I dumped I get weird char on the display.

I did follow the pdf moog put in the zip with the white phatty presets, and didn't work.

I have to say that moog people is great with circuits, but ... honestly .. with software ... leave that kind of keyboard for people that really knows how to play code :)

layer0

Re: Download Preset with SysEx Librarian

Post by layer0 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:47 pm

I paid or the ugly and useless librarian software. I receive the bank from the phatty, save the to disk. Then close the librarian, load back the file and ... nothing!!! Moog, I want my money back ASAP or a solution. Please hire someone who can actually deliver proper software to control your toys.

CRJ

Post by CRJ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:50 pm

it took me about 5 minutes to backup all of my presets and load the new ones in by following the pdf included. not sure why yours would be any different.

e3p0

Post by e3p0 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:37 pm

I had the same problem at first. I dumped the original presets to MIDI OX, saved to my pc, and sent them back to the LP. The characters were garbled but the presets sounded the same.

I went back to stock settings on the LP and tried again.

After sending all presets again, I tried clicking "Clear Error Formatting" (I am not sure if this did anything definitively) and saved again, then sent the presets back to the LP and all was well.

I also was unable to send the "White Patches" to my LP over USB. I connected my RME Babyface and DIN MIDI cables then it worked. So if you tried MIDI over USB- try DIN or vice-versa.

In my experience, MIDI is not ever without headaches.

Good luck!
-e

layer0

Post by layer0 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:42 am

Tried with a cheap midi to usdb thing and it seems to work more than fine!! It is a problem of the Phatty usb midid protocol. ANNOYING