Little Phatty with sustain pedal as midi controller

Everything Phatty.
plingplong123345

Little Phatty with sustain pedal as midi controller

Post by plingplong123345 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:28 am

Hi,

I like to use the Little Phatty as a midi controller. But there is a problem for me with the sustain pedal action. If i play a note, step on the sustain, release the note, play the same note again, and then release the sustain, my note goes off.

This is extremely annoying for more classical polyphonic playing when you want to layer a range of notes, or a chord, whith the sustain pedal, and then release the sustain to only keep sounding the notes that you're currently holding down on the keyboard. I mean, this is pretty basic stuff.

But if the notes are the same or some of the same that you played with the sustain pedal on, those notes will simply go off when you release the sustain.

It's a simple matter really, quite obvious to any player i think, but cumbersome to explain in words.

The problem here seems to be that the sustain pedal is always overriding the keyboard or other input. There should be a way to change this, so am I missing something? I have written to moog about it, who didn't bother to respond. I couldn't find anything pertaining to this in the manual either, so.. did anyone else figure it out?

RobertvanDijk

Re: Little Phatty with sustain pedal as midi controller

Post by RobertvanDijk » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:29 pm

I'm surprised that nobody responded to this thread. I planned to use my Phatty as a midi-controller (works very nice with DIVA soft synth), but seems to be useless as a midi controller with the faulty sustain action. If there is a solution, Phatty would be my dream midi controller!

Benjamin AM

Re: Little Phatty with sustain pedal as midi controller

Post by Benjamin AM » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:04 am

I don't own any polyphonic synths to test, but I have a suspicion that the gate in option needs to be adjusted. Under the main Midi screen, there are options to change pedal behavior(gate in): Gate, Sustain, and Gate/Sustain. Hope that helps.
Little Phatty Stage II, Rogue, Cp-251, Soldering Iron