Accessing "Under The Hood" Features HELP

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
synthaxe

Accessing "Under The Hood" Features HELP

Post by synthaxe » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:56 am

Hello,

I'm having trouble accessing my Minitaur's under the hood features. I've been controlling my Minitaur with my Little Phatty, using the LP's keyboard, mod wheel, and pitch wheel, with the mod wheel only effecting the LP's LFO. I'm new to analog synthesizers and midi, and have read both the LP and MT's manuals extensively, and just can't seem to figure out to access and adjust the Minitaur's under the hood features. Here's what I've tried:

Receive On (by default, but not relevant here I'm guessing.) Send: Midi Info On.
Send: All CC's.
Pot Mapping: I tried to set Mod to send CC#81 (ext) to access the MT's Note Sync, but couldn't get anywhere with it.

I also defined all the Midi parameters (Din out only). I'm sure I tried more than this, but I can't remember exactly what I did. Like I said, I'm new to this. So I guess my question is can I access the Minitaur's under the hood features via the Little Phatty, and a Midi Din cable of course, and how do I do it? Thanks guys.
Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur, MF-105, MF-103, MF-102, MF-101, Mesa/Boogie Mark IV, EVH 5150III 50 Watt, EVM12L Speakers, ESP Eclipse-II FR, USA Charvel So-Cal, Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster, Alesis MidiVerb 4, and tons of Electro Harmonix.

jeepo

Re: Accessing "Under The Hood" Features HELP

Post by jeepo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Yes you can control the under the hood features from the LP. First check that the midi is conected and set to the right channel by playing a note, then, in the midi settings on the LP check to make sure it is set to send all cc's, or all cc's -vol. I have noticed that strange things happen to the midi when the synth is plugged into the usb of a computer, but the computer is off. Also, to use pot mapping you must press the lit button such that they are all dark for the desired knob.

if they are set to the same channel, din is on, and th LP is set to send cc's, then it should work. It's also worth noting that the note sync can be subtle.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

synthaxe

Post by synthaxe » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:27 pm

jeepo wrote:Yes you can control the under the hood features from the LP. First check that the midi is conected and set to the right channel by playing a note, then, in the midi settings on the LP check to make sure it is set to send all cc's, or all cc's -vol. I have noticed that strange things happen to the midi when the synth is plugged into the usb of a computer, but the computer is off. Also, to use pot mapping you must press the lit button such that they are all dark for the desired knob.

if they are set to the same channel, din is on, and th LP is set to send cc's, then it should work. It's also worth noting that the note sync can be subtle.
Hey jeepo,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I'll try to do this when I get home. I'm not using usb/computer at all, just LP - Midi/Din - MT. The two area's I think I'm confused about are enabling pot mapping and setting the value. I know how to setup pot mapping, and how to assign a corresponding cc# to that knob, but how do I know which button to press to enable it? Also, how do I set the value of the CC#?....I'm guessing by turning the assigned knob after enabling it, correct? Once again, thanks a ton for your help!
Little Phatty Stage II, Minitaur, MF-105, MF-103, MF-102, MF-101, Mesa/Boogie Mark IV, EVH 5150III 50 Watt, EVM12L Speakers, ESP Eclipse-II FR, USA Charvel So-Cal, Squier Vintage Modified Surf Stratocaster, Alesis MidiVerb 4, and tons of Electro Harmonix.

jeepo

Post by jeepo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:35 pm

To enable pot mapping, after the cc is configured in the advanced preset menu, simply press the button which is already lit corresponding to the knob you intend to use. The light should turn off. You are correct about setting the value. Just turn the knob after it is enabled. If you have issues check your os version and update if needed.
Stage II, MF-102, MF-105m, MF-107, paia theremin, akai s2000, yamaha pss 680, yamaha cp 25, and other stuff

synthaxe

Post by synthaxe » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:28 pm

jeepo wrote:To enable pot mapping, after the cc is configured in the advanced preset menu, simply press the button which is already lit corresponding to the knob you intend to use. The light should turn off. You are correct about setting the value. Just turn the knob after it is enabled. If you have issues check your os version and update if needed.
Got it! Thanks.