Re: Minitaur Editor Software ported to Taurus 3

Post by sunny pedaal » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:34 am

good question, +1

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 pm

It would be awesome! +1
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:31 pm

anybody tried it yet ?

miamigroove

Post by miamigroove » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Great idea, but i wouldnt hold my breath. I doubt there would be much to profit Moogs bottom line from the implementation of such a thing. Its really sad, cuz even though my T3 cost 3 times more, the Minitaur is the 'new kid on the block'...just look at this forum, its been completely taken over by Minitaur users. We got invited to the party, but they ran out of cake. I feel like the T3 has a tremendous amount of potential that could be unlocked via a decent editor / patch librarian. Unfortunately, mine tends to sit unused under the dust cover that i bought for it simply because it is incredibly un-ergonomic and unwieldy to manually edit a floor based synth. :cry:

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:20 am

yes, i understand, and probably adapting the editor to the t3 would be no more than a small piece of cake :?

tomoe97

Post by tomoe97 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:13 pm

When the T3 first debuted, I thought Amos had indicated an editor would be forthcoming. Let's hope they haven't given up on it. An editor for the T3 is as essential as it is for the Minitaur. If Moog doesn't want to do it in-house, I would be fine with paying for a full-featured Soundtower editor.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:50 pm

tomoe97 wrote:I would be fine with paying for a full-featured Soundtower editor.
Not me! :shock: No Soundtower ANYTHING for me, thanks! They can't program their way out of a wet paper bag! Now a Rekon editor...THAT I could work with! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

tomoe97

Post by tomoe97 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:21 am

My experience with Soundtower is completely different. I have to say that I've been quite happy with Soundtower's editors for the Voyager, Little Phatty, Prophet08, Tetra, Mopho, Evolver, and Waldorf Q. I use all of these editors on a regular basis and find them quite reliable. The few hiccups I have experienced over the years have been resolved with assistance from Soundtower's support.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:09 pm

I thought their stuff (particularly in the DSI series) was very well done. I was going to buy the Little Phatty librarian but have been trying to use computer less (as I type!).

I think that most people object to having to buy ANYTHING; see the debate here about the fact that librarian is not included for free on some products. The basic line of thinking goes something like "I just paid x and now I have to shell out another hundred bucks!".

But this is about the Taurus 3 Editor which despite some issues I've seen is a great and powerful utility, and FREE.

re: the other thread, I've been poking around under the hood to see what makes up a Mac package. In the old days, I used to edit resource threads of apps but things have changed quite a bit.

Made stable, I would think that a substitution of the background art, remapping of controls to CCs along with a change of scale (which may be the tough part), and I don't think too much has to change. I suppose the basic question is (as the Minitaur editor gets bigger and more full featured by the second), what do people want:

- basic patch librarian capabilities
- ability to tweak real time
- ability to quickly dial in a patch without struggling through menus
- ADDed layers like sequencer on top?

I think I've written about this before and the diff between the platforms is not great, but there is a difference and I think between products in development and under support, not to mention catchup on recent releases, these guys are just plain busy at the moment. I have seen guys throw together iPad apps rather quickly; anybody have experience with that?
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

David Bulog

Post by David Bulog » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:48 pm

I think you can hack the Minitaur Editor to work with Taurus 3 on OSX at least --working on it keep you posted
1: change InFo,plist
<string>com.moogmusic.Minitaur_Editor</string> to
<string>com.moogmusic.Taurus_Editor</string>

2: Sysex folder
Modify files fw_ver,syx tx_pots.syx

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Would be nice if there was some word from Moog about this editor ever happening. I don't think it's going to and I don't have the programming skills to make my own.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:39 am

EMwhite wrote:
But this is about the Taurus 3 Editor which despite some issues I've seen is a great and powerful utility, and FREE.

where ?
please !

i have bought the ( original ) voyager editor, works limited but oke, however feel a bit upset 'bout their ( nonexcisting ) upgrade politics and absolute lack of communication when asked 'bout it.
but that's another story i guess....

David Bulog

Post by David Bulog » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 am

i have Minitaur Editor working with Taurus 3
All that is required on OSX is this step
1: change InFo,plist
<string>com.moogmusic.Minitaur_Editor</string> to
<string>com.moogmusic.Taurus_Editor</string>

disclaimer --not all the Minitaur controls work obviously but all the controls common to both work 100%
Attachments
Edit.tiff

sonia

Post by sonia » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:45 am

I am using Minitaur Editor working with Taurus 3, Yeah I tried this. Its excellent in use.
Sonia