AniMoog 1.1.0: Categories need management

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Zoomer

AniMoog 1.1.0: Categories need management

Post by Zoomer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:09 am

The idea of establishing Categories for presets was an excellent idea, but the implementation is incomplete. We need to:

1. be able to build our own categories
2. be able to build nested folder structures
3. re-organize the patches as we see fit
4. be given a dedicated patch management window (copy/move/delete, single and multiple patches)

Purchased banks could be given fixed untouchable categories from which patches can be copied to other categories. An option to hide the purchased banks would then be useful to clear up the category list - OR- they could be just be nested within a "Purchased" folder. The names could also be preceded with a symbol, or easier, written in italics to indicate their Read-only status. These would keep the purchases organized and intact, and allow them to be re-distributed into other categories.

Thanks!

(Updated: 2012-08-14)
Last edited by Zoomer on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xopianoi

Re: AniMoog 1.1.0: Categories need management

Post by xopianoi » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:43 pm

Yep.
Categories.. Brilliant!
No way to organize my own presets into categories.. Really?

Sincerest thank you,
Xo

supersaw

Post by supersaw » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Just tested...

iFunbox !!!!!!!!!!

is awesome. Much better than the crap iexplorer.

I am able to rename folders/categories, preset names, move, delete presets, and create new folders(categories) from iFunbox on my pc.

I highly recommend it. It is free, easy to use and much better organized than iexplorer.

(i was trying to use iexplorer to back up my presets after this crash tragedy and it only gave me errors, so i dloaded an old version of iexplorer and it kept giving me the "max of 5 folders exceeded" error. so i gave up and reinstalled animoog. If only i had this program!! :( :D )

nuno

Post by nuno » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:05 pm

Nice to know. Looks cool. I'll try it out!
supersaw wrote:Just tested...

iFunbox !!!!!!!!!!

is awesome. Much better than the crap iexplorer.

I am able to rename folders/categories, preset names, move, delete presets, and create new folders(categories) from iFunbox on my pc.

I highly recommend it. It is free, easy to use and much better organized than iexplorer.

(i was trying to use iexplorer to back up my presets after this crash tragedy and it only gave me errors, so i dloaded an old version of iexplorer and it kept giving me the "max of 5 folders exceeded" error. so i gave up and reinstalled animoog. If only i had this program!! :( :D )

AntSev

Post by AntSev » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:59 am

But there seems to be such a simple solution. When one holds down the Save button, it currently justs asks for what you want to name your creation. How about just adding a second box which is used for the category name? Then we can simply change from "." to whatever else. If the category doesn't already exists, it can just create it.

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:32 am

Very good suggestion regarding category management... will implement in future update!

Thanks,

Amos

Newstech

Post by Newstech » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Hey, supersaw, thanks for the tip on iFunbox. It sounds great but I saw one commenter online saying it installed a bunch of junk advertising stuff on his PC. Did you see anything like that? TIA.

supersaw

Post by supersaw » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Newstech wrote:Hey, supersaw, thanks for the tip on iFunbox. It sounds great but I saw one commenter online saying it installed a bunch of junk advertising stuff on his PC. Did you see anything like that? TIA.

Nope and i'm careful when installing stuff like this.

But if anyone knows of something like that please post it. I checked my registry and process list though and was careful during the install process eventhough there aren't any bs checkboxes for adware. Don't see any problem at all so far, just awesomeness really.

Newstech

Post by Newstech » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Oh, wow -- iFunbox is fantastic! Thanks again.

supersaw

Post by supersaw » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Newstech wrote:Oh, wow -- iFunbox is fantastic! Thanks again.
yeah i like it so far. i just donated $5 to them and i never do that (i should, but...). Maybe should use it more to make sure it's as good as it seems, but i had so many problems with itunes (total crap!) and iExplorer(partly crap) that i'm happy to pay for this solution.

Zoomer

Post by Zoomer » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:25 pm

I updated the OP with further ideas for the Purchased banks...

Z