New update crash - BACKUP PRESETS WITH "EXPORT" FIRST!

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
nuno

Re: New update! Can't open now, awww

Post by nuno » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:48 pm

Same problem here. iPad2' latest OS. In this state of affairs, the only way to save presets is with an app called iExplorer by Macroplant, works on windows and mac. Obviously not suggesting you buy this on purpose for this emergency. If anyone here already has the app, just look inside your iPhone or iPad and you'll find the presets there.

Though I hope that Moog will fix this blunder very soon.

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:03 pm

working on a fix now; the trouble is, it doesn't crash for me. :)
So, I need someone who is having this problem who can generate a crash report...
To do this, you'll need Apple's (free, but rather enormous) XCode development software installed on your Mac...
Perhaps one of our users already uses XCode and can help out? Please let me know.

Cheers,

Amos

jkheinz

Post by jkheinz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:23 pm

Well, I lost my presets...where can I re-download the Detroit dj pack?

supersaw

Post by supersaw » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:37 pm

(iexplorer doesn't open for me since the new version)

I ended up losing my presets because i updated before exporting. Animoog works now though that i reinstalled it. Sad day for me. I hope there wasn't something else i could have done and didn't. Oh well, i'm over it now.

Can someone confirm that iexplorer works to get presets not exported? I'd be pissed if i could have got them back if only iexplorer would have started.

AntSev

Post by AntSev » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:48 pm

And what's with the "."?

How about Halloween2011
And RDivine1
And how about anything else it couldn't recognize in User
Or just keep in the root without a folder
But for heaven's sake - just randomly deleting them?!
Unbelievable.

I feel like I'm on Candid Camera (except it's not funny).

nuno

Post by nuno » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Wow, total bummer. iExplorer did work for me. Latest version. I didn't understand, sorry, are you using the latest? I went into apps>animoog>documents>presets if I recall correctly.

Bummer that you lost all those presets. A lesson for MOOG: double-check and cross-check before releasing an update. I was lucky to have that app to access the folders inside Animoog on the iPad. How many users would/will not delete Animoog and fresh install and wait for a new update, just to save their presets from oblivion?
supersaw wrote:(iexplorer doesn't open for me since the new version)

I ended up losing my presets because i updated before exporting. Animoog works now though that i reinstalled it. Sad day for me. I hope there wasn't something else i could have done and didn't. Oh well, i'm over it now.

Can someone confirm that iexplorer works to get presets not exported? I'd be pissed if i could have got them back if only iexplorer would have started.

supersaw

Post by supersaw » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:24 pm

nuno wrote:Wow, total bummer. iExplorer did work for me. Latest version. I didn't understand, sorry, are you using the latest? I went into apps>animoog>documents>presets if I recall correctly.

Bummer that you lost all those presets. A lesson for MOOG: double-check and cross-check before releasing an update. I was lucky to have that app to access the folders inside Animoog on the iPad. How many users would/will not delete Animoog and fresh install and wait for a new update, just to save their presets from oblivion?

I just downloaded iexplorer 3 a couple days ago to backup my stuff from another app, but i only got errors on startup so isent macroplant some crash reports.
That is a bummer if i could have got them out of there. I just figured they were gone once i dloaded the update. In itunes all i saw was the exported presets file. So i did get a few of my created presets out of there.
I tried and tried to get iexplorer working but couldn't, so i gave up.

Do you mean you were able to see individual preset files in iexplorer? Even after the failed update ? I didn't think it would have worked but was trying to check to make sure.

nuno

Post by nuno » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Yup. I retrieved all my presets.
supersaw wrote:
nuno wrote:Wow, total bummer. iExplorer did work for me. Latest version. I didn't understand, sorry, are you using the latest? I went into apps>animoog>documents>presets if I recall correctly.

I just downloaded iexplorer 3 a couple days ago to backup my stuff from another app, but i only got errors on startup so isent macroplant some crash reports.
That is a bummer if i could have got them out of there. I just figured they were gone once i dloaded the update. In itunes all i saw was the exported presets file. So i did get a few of my created presets out of there.
I tried and tried to get iexplorer working but couldn't, so i gave up.

Do you mean you were able to see individual preset files in iexplorer? Even after the failed update ? I didn't think it would have worked but was trying to check to make sure.

jyoung

Post by jyoung » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:25 am

I hope Moog is working to fix this. It would be a real bummer to release this update on a Friday and then have the whole thing borked for the weekend. I reinstalled Animoog and it appears to startup OK. I lost the few user patches I had, but I can recreate them - maybe even make them better. It still shows the Richard Devine patches I bought as having not been purchased.
== Voyager RME v3.5 ==

BrufordRules

Post by BrufordRules » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:55 am

jyoung wrote:I hope Moog is working to fix this. It would be a real bummer to release this update on a Friday and then have the whole thing borked for the weekend. I reinstalled Animoog and it appears to startup OK. I lost the few user patches I had, but I can recreate them - maybe even make them better. It still shows the Richard Devine patches I bought as having not been purchased.
Try the option 'Restore Purchases' twice. It worked for me. After that, you should find the presets under the root folder "."

underwood

Re: New update! BACKUP PRESETS WITH "EXPORT" FIRST

Post by underwood » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:04 am

Any idea how I can get the Helloween Presets? I only had an old backup of my presets and thy where not in. :cry:

till

Post by till » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 am

Amos wrote:... Perhaps one of our users already uses XCode and can help out? Please let me know.
Hi Amos,
I got Xcode in the newest version (4.4.1) installed.

I uploaded my crash report here, because this kind of file extention is not allowed here for upload.

I hope this helps you finding the problem.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:11 am

jyoung wrote:I hope Moog is working to fix this. It would be a real bummer to release this update on a Friday and then have the whole thing borked for the weekend. I reinstalled Animoog and it appears to startup OK. I lost the few user patches I had, but I can recreate them - maybe even make them better. It still shows the Richard Devine patches I bought as having not been purchased.
You should be able to restore your RD Expansion pack by pressing the Restore Purchases button in the Animoog Store.

MPC4000

Re: New update crash - BACKUP PRESETS WITH "EXPORT" FIRST!

Post by MPC4000 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:43 am

Please Help!
Just updated my Animoog for (new iPad), and encountered the same problem as others.
Animoog v1.1.0 then crash... I performed a complete iPad reboot before trying to open the updated app for the first time also.

So this is what I did (dumb me)... I backed up the iPad to iCloud then deleted the Animoog app. I figured I could re-install Animoog and it would work fine. (I thought the problem was that I updated several apps at once - Animoog being one of them and this is what caused it to crash)

So when I went to the app store to re-install my Animoog app for the iPad, it's showing a price of $29. :(
The iPhone Animoog app can be installed for free but I initially purchased the iPad version of the app!
Is there a difference between the two???

Upset & without Animoog!

PS - I'm not concerned about losing any edited presets

Aug. 12th Update
back in business! I purchased BOTH iPad and iPhone versions for .99 intro price on two separate accounts, When I deleted Animoog from my ipad and tried to re-install it, I was using the account that used to purchase the iphone version of animoog. Once I switched apple id & passwords to the other account, I was able to successfully re-install the ipad app with no more crashes.
Last edited by MPC4000 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nuno

Re: New update! BACKUP PRESETS WITH "EXPORT" FIRST

Post by nuno » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:50 am

underwood wrote:Any idea how I can get the Helloween Presets? I only had an old backup of my presets and thy where not in. :cry:
hello underwood
Halloween presets for ya!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dgufhz

Cheers