MF-102 CV Outputs Question

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
fuzulu

MF-102 CV Outputs Question

Post by fuzulu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:58 am

hey friends , i'm planning to get myself a MF-102 ring modulator to be a companion to my Slim Phatty . I was hoping to use the CV outs of the Lfo and Oscillator to control the phatty pitch or filter , I noticed the MF-102 Lfo goes up to only 25 hz and Im not sure what the other cv out is , is it oscillator or what exactly , it says carrier out . Im hoping to get some FM kind of modulation using the cv out from mf-102 to the pitch or filter of slim phatty . If anyone has any clear insight on all this please let me know , thanks in advance :)

shortsleeves

Re: MF-102 CV Outputs Question

Post by shortsleeves » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:33 am

The Carrier Out is for the Ring Mod's internal oscillator (something between sine and triangle wave). You can use the Ring Mod as two separate things at the same time – send a CV into the Freq In, and use the Carrier Out as a oscillator (and e.g. play it with a keyboard), while sending another input in to the Audio In, and getting a "regular" Ring Mod sounds out of the Audio Out.

Cheers,
Lukasz
My SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/shortsleeves. Enjoy, and leave a comment!

fuzulu

Post by fuzulu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:36 am

hey Lukasz , thank u very much for the answer , so that totally clarifies my doubt , so basically just confirming , I can use the oscillator out ( carrier out ) out of the mf-102 to control my slim phatty pitch or filter by cv at rates all the way to 4Khz . right ?

Kenneth

Post by Kenneth » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:29 pm

This thread really helped me out. Does anyone know if I can use gate out on my voyager to somehow toggle between lo and hi ring mod freq setting?
Moog Matriarch, ARP Odyssey MKII, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha VSS-30

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:39 pm

Nope, that's not available.

Stephen