Minitaur Editor Midi In

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
emanresu

Minitaur Editor Midi In

Post by emanresu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:48 am

Hello,
I downloaded the official Minitaur editor yesterday and i am having a problem with the Midi in.
The Midi out on the editor is working fine, when i turn a knob on the editor the sound on the Minitaur will change but when i turn a knob on the Minitaur hardware nothing moves on the software editor (Midi light does not blink).
So basically i cant get the editor to respond to Midi in.

I first selected (in Midi setup inputs) 25sl MK II but nothing happened. Then i selected Minitaur and still nothing.
I am on a Mac OSX 10.6.8, running Ableton Live 8, Focusrite Pro 24 DSP and Novation 25SL MKII as my controller.

Thank you.

BezO

Re: Minitaur Editor Midi In

Post by BezO » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Do you have the most recent Editor & Firmware? If not, check the downloads section for the Firmware and the Latest Greatest post right above yours for the Editor.

I was having trouble until I installed both.
Moog Minitaur
iMac 3.6GHz 8-Core i9, 64GB RAM, OS 10.14.6

emanresu

Post by emanresu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:18 pm

BezO wrote:Do you have the most recent Editor & Firmware? If not, check the downloads section for the Firmware and the Latest Greatest post right above yours for the Editor.

I was having trouble until I installed both.
I will give that a shot, thank you.

emanresu

Post by emanresu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Just installed latest firmware but it did not fix midi in problem :(

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:01 am

Same thing here, latest updates and MIDI in fails on both Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

till

Post by till » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:04 pm

emanresu wrote:...
I first selected (in Midi setup inputs) 25sl MK II but nothing happened. Then i selected Minitaur and still nothing.
I am on a Mac OSX 10.6.8, running Ableton Live 8, Focusrite Pro 24 DSP and Novation 25SL MKII as my controller.
Connect your Minitaur USB directly (no USB hub!) to the USB of your Mac. Select "Minitaur" for MIDI inputs and outputs in the "Under The Hood" window of the editor. Don't connect anything else to the Minitaur except for the power for this test. So does it work now?
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

emanresu

Post by emanresu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:15 pm

[/quote]
Connect your Minitaur USB directly (no USB hub!) to the USB of your Mac. Select "Minitaur" for MIDI inputs and outputs in the "Under The Hood" window of the editor. Don't connect anything else to the Minitaur except for the power for this test. So does it work now?[/quote]

Just tried and still doesnt work.

till

Post by till » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:37 pm

Then there is something strange going on here.
Does quitting all MIDI related software (except the Editor of cause) running on your Mac help?
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

emanresu

Post by emanresu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:08 pm

till wrote:Then there is something strange going on here.
Does quitting all MIDI related software (except the Editor of cause) running on your Mac help?
Tried that already and still isnt responding to the hardware Mintaur.

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:34 pm

I recommend using Midi Monitor (stand-alone, no other MIDI software running) to look at the MIDI coming from the Minitaur when you turn the knobs.

1.) Is there any MIDI output from the Minitaur?
2.) If there is, what channel is it on?

I am definitely receiving MIDI into the Editor from the Minitaur, on both Mac and Windows, and I think I'm using the same Minitaur firmware and software as you are using...

firmware: http://moogmusic.com/sites/default/file ... _7_MAC.zip
software: http://seamslikereality.com/moog/MinitaurEditor_OSX.zip

Another thing you can try is to make certain the Editor and Minitaur are using the same MIDI channel... set up the Editor to use the MIDI channel you want to use (make sure you're using the same channel for both Input and Output)... connect the Minitaur, and then press all four panel switches on the Minitaur at once, which will put it into MIDI Channel Learn mode (as indicated by the four switch LEDs all blinking on and off). Now move a control in the Editor, and it should send a MIDI message to the Minitaur, which will set itself to use the same MIDI channel as the message. The panel switch LEDs will stop blinking, indicating that the MIDI channel is now set.

Now try turning knobs on the Minitaur and see if the Editor responds. Of course I am assuming here that you've first set the MIDI IN and OUT device to MINITAUR, on the Under The Hood panel.

Does any of this help? Please let me know.

Cheers,

Amos

emanresu

Post by emanresu » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Amos wrote:I recommend using Midi Monitor (stand-alone, no other MIDI software running) to look at the MIDI coming from the Minitaur when you turn the knobs.

1.) Is there any MIDI output from the Minitaur?
2.) If there is, what channel is it on?

I am definitely receiving MIDI into the Editor from the Minitaur, on both Mac and Windows, and I think I'm using the same Minitaur firmware and software as you are using...

firmware: http://moogmusic.com/sites/default/file ... _7_MAC.zip
software: http://seamslikereality.com/moog/MinitaurEditor_OSX.zip

Another thing you can try is to make certain the Editor and Minitaur are using the same MIDI channel... set up the Editor to use the MIDI channel you want to use (make sure you're using the same channel for both Input and Output)... connect the Minitaur, and then press all four panel switches on the Minitaur at once, which will put it into MIDI Channel Learn mode (as indicated by the four switch LEDs all blinking on and off). Now move a control in the Editor, and it should send a MIDI message to the Minitaur, which will set itself to use the same MIDI channel as the message. The panel switch LEDs will stop blinking, indicating that the MIDI channel is now set.

Now try turning knobs on the Minitaur and see if the Editor responds. Of course I am assuming here that you've first set the MIDI IN and OUT device to MINITAUR, on the Under The Hood panel.

Does any of this help? Please let me know.

Cheers,

Amos
Hi Amos,
I just tried everything that you recommended but still isnt receiving midi in on the editor. I ran the Midi monitor and it shows the Minitaur (hardware) is sending midi on CH 14, and i have the editor midi in and out on ch 14 and its inputs and outputs are minitaur.

emanresu

Post by emanresu » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:40 am

I sort of fixed the problem. Turns out that the editor will only respond (Midi in) to CH 1. Kinda strange, but i have the same problem with my DSI Tetra (USB) editor because it will only respond to CH 1 (midi in). So this problem is definitely something on my end.
Basically the editor is able to send midi on any channel but can only receive midi on CH 1. :?

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:48 pm

My Minitaur is sending CCs on Channel 6, and the Editor doesn't receive the messages.

In the View menu, after you select item 2 "Show Under the hood" you should see "Show Main Panel", instead of the previous.

Besides, I am getting very high CPU usage from the software. This makes no sense in a corei7 8GB computer, can anyone else confirm this?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra