Applying an Envelope to CV in?

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
MFenkner

Applying an Envelope to CV in?

Post by MFenkner » Sun May 02, 2010 1:09 am

I just ordered a Moog E1 but it won't be arriving until next week. In the meanwhile I've been wondering about certain possibilities.

As I understand it, the Articulated Filter is like an auto-wah, but using the Moog filter. I was wondering if instead there was a way to trigger an ADSR envelope using an outboard pedal connected to the CV input. The outboard pedal would need to detect the picking attack, like the Articulate Filter does, but trigger an ADSR enveloper. Using this approach, I think the guitar would be able to make more synth-like sounds with an evolving enveloper.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?

I'd really impressed by the possibilities of the Moog guitar, but I think there are some small things that would greatly enhance it, like:
- A full ADSR envelope for the filter instead of the limited Articulated Filter.
- An effects loop to route the signal before going through the Moog filter; for example, imagine going through a fuzz/distortion first then the filter which would be very cool in my opinion.

And to make it truly amazing:
- A full ADSR for the volume.
- A FreqBox-like device that would track the strings and produce a standard synth waveform.
(with all of the above, the guitar could truly be like a synth guitar)

Moog, are you listening? :)

I might have more feedback after playing it for a while, but the polyphonic infinite sustain was enough to sell me.

Mark

ColorForm2113

Re: Applying an Envelope to CV in?

Post by ColorForm2113 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 am

You could run the audio out of the moogguitar into something like the synthesizers.com instrument interface which would convert the audio into gate/trigger signal and then you can send the gate/trig to an ADSR and back to the cv input on the moog pedal
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step