Some additional thoughts on the Moog guitar

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
Bryan T

Some additional thoughts on the Moog guitar

Post by Bryan T » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:43 pm

I've been thinking about what else I'd like for the Moog guitar to offer.

1. I'd like to see adjustable max/min values for the expression pedal. Being able to control how high and how low the filter goes would be useful from a performance standpoint.

2. An effects loop, pre-filter. Being able to process the guitar's signal with a fuzz, ring mod, delay, or anything else before it hits the filter would be really useful to me. Perhaps this could be patched off of the expression pedal?

drogoff

Re: Some additional thoughts on the Moog guitar

Post by drogoff » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Bryan T wrote:I've been thinking about what else I'd like for the Moog guitar to offer.
3. GK3 connector!
4. Gibson robot tuner

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:38 pm

drogoff wrote: 3. GK3 connector!
Definitely not for me, though I could see it as an option. I had a guitar with a GK3 before and it never felt immediate enough.
4. Gibson robot tuner
Not really a feature I'd desire.

I would like to see the guitar offered with a different body (something telecasterish in shape), but I found the double cutaway body to be comfortable enough.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:12 pm

Bryan T wrote: I would like to see the guitar offered with a different body (something telecasterish in shape), but I found the double cutaway body to be comfortable enough.
Totally agree... when I saw the Moog Guitar, it didn't look like a 3k$ guitar.. sounds like one for sure, but the look in my opinion is sorta ugly.. Telecaster would be cool. Or something Gibson-esque even.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:14 am

I am waiting for the 1200 dollar version and still, my guitar playing hardly justifies spending much more than 800 for a guitar.

E
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

drogoff

Post by drogoff » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:06 pm

Bryan T wrote:
drogoff wrote: 3. GK3 connector!
Definitely not for me, though I could see it as an option. I had a guitar with a GK3 before and it never felt immediate enough.
I was thinking of this for a VG-99, not for MIDI, so the delay shouldn't be an issue.
Bryan T wrote:
4. Gibson robot tuner
Not really a feature I'd desire.
Yeah - this is unlikely, but would be really cool to switch tunings live.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:50 pm

EricK wrote:I am waiting for the 1200 dollar version and still, my guitar playing hardly justifies spending much more than 800 for a guitar.

E
I'm with you.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.