Moog Guitar + Etherwave Plus

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
HB3

Post by HB3 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:04 am

Yeah, but there's no one sticking their head in a theremin in either of those...

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:23 am

Okay...take that Video and add a couple of racks worth of Moogerfoogers to the guitars audio signal.

Put the theremin on stage behind a black curtian and youll have your normal sounding guitar start to get changed by Vo power and then when you point your headstock in the right direction you morph into the craziest sounding thing ever and people who aren't in the know won't have a clue lol.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:52 am

HB3 wrote:Yeah, but there's no one sticking their head in a theremin in either of those...
You're right, of course. But If you watch them, those ARE the same movements that were made in the Moog Music video. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:54 am

EricK wrote:Okay...take that Video and add a couple of racks worth of Moogerfoogers to the guitars audio signal.

Put the theremin on stage behind a black curtian and youll have your normal sounding guitar start to get changed by Vo power and then when you point your headstock in the right direction you morph into the craziest sounding thing ever and people who aren't in the know won't have a clue lol.

Eric
That wouldn't work. The black curtain would be in the path of the theremin...I think. :? Cool idea, though! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:28 am

It would work because if it doesn't interfere with the capacitance then its all gravy.

Shine black lights on the black curtian to make it look like theres a huge void will go to cover up the secret.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Interesting. So it would depend on the type of material used, then. That would be really cool! Great idea! :mrgreen:

Theremint

PROBLEM SOLVED

Post by Theremint » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Well I guess this is the answer to one of my problems on stage. I sometimes use a Maestro Rover to get a true Leslie/doppler effect. I was kind of bumbed out that in order to control the rover pedal and the Moog cv pedal at the same time, I would have to sit down in a seat so as to use both feet like rudder pedals on a airplane. That's OK in the studio. On stage that would look ridiculous. Now I can use the rover foot pedal and control the CV with upper extremity movements and therefore look more like a musician than look like an airline pilot on stage. Thanks again Moog.

Theremint

"Everyone knows that's what Allen sounds like" -- Theremint

Theremint

Etherwave Pro with Moog Vo Guitar

Post by Theremint » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:22 am

Before I go and accidentally blow up some equipment by mistake, can anyone tell me if there would be any problem hooking the Moog guitar up tp an Etherwave Pro instead of an Etherwave Plus? The pro model has two CV jacks (pitch & volume) bit I'm just not sure if its line voltage will be compatible??? Excuse me if this is a dunb question, but I'm somewhat new to all this CV stuff.

Theremint

"Everybody knows that's what Allen sounds like" - - Theremint

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:24 am

The EW Pro has CV outputs and its a Moog so it should be perfectly copatible with the CV circuit in your Guitar.

Good Luck finding an EW Pro though.

Theremint

Vo to Pro, I am a poet and did not know it

Post by Theremint » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:28 am

Thanks EricK,

I do have an Etherwave Pro.

Theremint

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:19 am

I didn't read that in your signature.

Man if you went to sell your Moog guitar and Ew Pro, you could buy a brand new car lol.

Eric

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:22 am

EricK wrote:I didn't read that in your signature.

Man if you went to sell your Moog guitar and Ew Pro, you could buy a brand new car lol.

Eric
I love my 2009 Jeep Compass! Best part? Insurance covered everything except the cost of two Ring Mods! :mrgreen:

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:12 am

Hi EricK

Well things weren't always this good. I gig'ed for a year, 3 nights a week with only a $100 Silvertone Amp and a $50 Fender guitar and Zero effect pedals.. After that I had to sell what little equip. I had to pay bills. I went 7 years without any equipment at all, even had car repo'ed, lived in a studio apartment. I have managed to acquire the nice equip. I have by finding it all dirt cheap on the internet (got EW-pro for $1000 last year) and making money selling junk for high $$'s that I buy for low $$'s at thrift shops. Of coarse my wife has a great job and I have a small residual income from my old insurance business and that all helps too. The Moog guitar was bought by maxing out 3 credit cards and taking a loan on an insurance policy. It has been the most expensive instument purchase I have ever made. I am trying to pay off those cards as fast as I can though, but may take a while. I'm writing all of this just to let you know that if one wants good equip. bad enough, one will find some way to get it, and that I'm not a rich guy that can buy anything I want.
I really enjoy reading your posts and communicating with you, Gamaliel, and the others and hope we all can meet each other someday. Maybe at a Moog event.

Theremint

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:11 am

That would be cool.

You could always invite me to your house to play the Moog guitar.

"Hi Eric, Nice to meet you."
"Hey, wheres the guitar...WOW." Plays a few notes, has a Moogasm "...Hey Thinelozenge, this is a great guitar OH MY GOODNESS ITS A YOUNG CHILD JUST FELL OUT OF THAT TREE OH NO" You turn and look to the horroble event that unfolding in your backyard. I run down the street with Moog guitar arm in arm like an UberBandit on a hot date with a horse and a train and I log onto the Forums to redo my signature and add to the "Got your Moog Guitar Yet" thread.

:lol:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:08 pm

Theremint wrote: I really enjoy reading your posts and communicating with you, Gamaliel, and the others and hope we all can meet each other someday. Maybe at a Moog event.

Theremint
That would be cool. A MoogerForum meet and greet! :mrgreen: