For those of you with a Moog guitar

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
Bryan T

For those of you with a Moog guitar

Post by Bryan T » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:20 pm

Have you tried running a Sample and Hold CV signal into the CV-in while controlling the Harmonic Blend? What does it sound like?

Bryan

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:54 pm

No one? :?:

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:08 pm

When I get my Moog guitar, I will try it and let you know or send you a .wav clip. I'm assuming when you say "sample" that would be playing a few licks on the guitar right?

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:05 pm

Theremint wrote:When I get my Moog guitar, I will try it and let you know or send you a .wav clip. I'm assuming when you say "sample" that would be playing a few licks on the guitar right?
Err . . . no. "Sample and hold" is a type of control voltage. It samples a noise source at a periodic interval and holds that voltage over the interval. The result is a random voltage that changes periodically. I'm really curious to know how quickly the Moog guitar can respond to CV control and how it sounds when physically controlling the strings.

Does that makes sense?
Bryan

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:59 pm

OK, I understand it now. I don't know how soon my guitar will be delivered though

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Theremint I called Sweetwater Fri and it should be anyday now.Moog finished this production run,so now it's a matter of sorting thru the orders and shippin em out.

Bryan,I don't have anything I can use for the sample hold,my effects are mostly stompers.I am planning on getting some floogers,but that's in the future.I'm also planning on getting the new theremin,maybe after I pay for the Taurus pedals :wink:
You can never have too many musical instruments.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:39 am

THe Cp251 and the guitar would go good together.
Give you smoothe/stepped S&H, LFOs, and the abillity to send complex waveforms into the guitar, not to mention being able to send the audio signal to 3 different destinations.

Youd also be able to send noise into the filter as well as lag processing any waveforms into the guitar.

Man too bad I can't crap 6 grand.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:16 am

Thanks for the update Gamaliel

Theremint

georgeludwig

Post by georgeludwig » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Bryan,

I tried it using ann MP-201 to gennerate the sample-annd-hold control voltage. As I suspected, the effect isn't very interesting. It takes a fairly long time for changes in the harmonic blend control to affect the sound, so the effect is quite subtle.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:32 pm

georgeludwig wrote:Bryan,

I tried it using ann MP-201 to gennerate the sample-annd-hold control voltage. As I suspected, the effect isn't very interesting. It takes a fairly long time for changes in the harmonic blend control to affect the sound, so the effect is quite subtle.
Thanks for checking it out. I hope to get my hands on one of these guitars to try soon.

Stuartpa

CV control

Post by Stuartpa » Sun May 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Now that I have the Moog guitar, and so far the Mooger fooger and the analog Delay, I was wondering what I should add to the system, as apart from using a TC electronics Gsystem for some things, I would like to have a totally Moog based system.

What I was wondering is does anybody have any ideas about, what would be the most effective add on, one of the Control Voltage generators or one of the sound modifiers. any idea's.

This is truly and amazing instrument, I wonder what they will do for version 2 and if mine will be upgradeable.

Analog is real, digital is unreal.