Anyone Get their Moog Vo Guitar yet?

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!

Have you received your Moog Vo signature Guitar yet?

Yes
25%
Still waiting
75%

Total votes: 8

Theremint

Anyone Get their Moog Vo Guitar yet?

Post by Theremint » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:26 am

Just wondering if anyone out there has received their Moog Vo guitar yet.

I think Moog is putting out 320 of them and requiring stores/dealers to order a minimum of 4 if they are to sell them. This means that they will probably be sold worldwide to only 80 stores/dealers. That said, I'm figuring that most all production is probably already spoken for. My guess is that anyone who hasn't ordered one in the next few weeks, may have to wait a year or so till Moog tools up for the more pedestrian version. Again, this is all just my humble opinion.

Theremint

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:26 am

I heard from Sweetwater last week and they're not expecting any until the middle of Dec.I'd guess that yer right about all the production being spoken for.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:09 am

So how late is Moog in getting these out in respects to the first release date? This may give me a clue as to how long it will be before I get my Taurus pedals. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Theremint

Hang in there.

Post by Theremint » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:41 am

I think that they are only about one to two months beyong what they had hoped to have scheduled for shipping dates. For "Batch Production" this is a very acceptable delay. Hang in there. Everything this company makes is well worth waiting a little extra for.

Theremint

"Everyone knows that's what Allen sounds like" -- Theremint

Voltor07

Re: Hang in there.

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:00 am

Theremint wrote:I think that they are only about one to two months beyong what they had hoped to have scheduled for shipping dates. For "Batch Production" this is a very acceptable delay. Hang in there. Everything this company makes is well worth waiting a little extra for.

Theremint

Thanks Theremint! I don't mind waiting, as it's like waiting for the next Legend of Zelda Nintendo game. ALWAYS worth the wait! Care explaining the last line about Allen? :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:04 am

It's been a lil longer than that.I was told middle of Sept,then it was Nov,and now maybe dec or jan.But Theremint is right it's worth the wait :)

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:14 am

Mine was ordered somewhere around the last week of August/1st week of Sept. Was told it should ship mid Oct. So for me, the wait has been shorter then Gamaliel's. As for the line "Everyone knows that's what Allen sounds like." It is just my version of Robert Moogs "Everyone knows that's what aliens sound like" quote. Just joking around. And yes, my name is Allen. Anyhow, thanks for the replies.

Theremint

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:57 am

Theremint wrote:Mine was ordered somewhere around the last week of August/1st week of Sept. Was told it should ship mid Oct. So for me, the wait has been shorter then Gamaliel's. As for the line "Everyone knows that's what Allen sounds like." It is just my version of Robert Moogs "Everyone knows that's what aliens sound like" quote. Just joking around. And yes, my name is Allen. Anyhow, thanks for the replies.

Theremint
Cool! The fact that your name is Allen makes it REALLY funny! :lol: :lol:

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:10 pm

I heard from my guy at Sweetwater today and he said the mg will be shipping before the end of the month.Also only the mahogny will be shipped for this run.

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:11 pm

Hi Gamaliel,

I heard the same from Moog but they said that they won't ship before Xmas but soon after. So I'll take that as meaning the 1st - 2nd week of Jan.

Also The Mahogony that is being used is the light weight variety from the tree tops? {what I was told}) which was originally called for but supplier ran out and is just as good as the swamp ash, so they say. Guitar will weight 8lbs. The production run being shipped after xmas is for Aqua color, which is what I ordered and I think you ordered too. I was tempted to play it safe and stay with the swamp ash, but that might mean waiting a few more months, so I opted to take the mahogony. A bird in the hand is better then two birds in the bush. I ordered mine with extra inlay markers at the usual marked spots on the neck ($120 extra). I still need referrence points now and then as I'm not yet up to speed with Jeff Beck.

Theremint

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:29 pm

Hi Theremint,aye I ordered the aqua,I wasn't fussy about swamp ash or mahogany.I have alot of guitars with different tonewoods so mahogany or swamp ash wasn't a biggy for me.I didn't know about the inlay option or I would have ordered that as well.

Eight lb's isn't bad actually,considering all the hardware that's in the guitar.Certainly light weight for me,my main guitars are Langcasters.They're made from 30,000 year old kouri wood,with chunks of amber and fosils in the wood.Really beautiful guitars but they're also a tad heavy :lol:

Well the wait is almost over t-minus .............

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:34 pm

Man we won't hear from you guys who bought one in like months.....but one day that UPS man will shop up and youll have like so many Moogasms youll go into a persistant vegetative state.

lol
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:37 pm

:lol:
You can never have too many musical instruments.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:01 am

Gamaliel wrote: Certainly light weight for me,my main guitars are Langcasters.They're made from 30,000 year old kouri wood,with chunks of amber and fosils in the wood.Really beautiful guitars but they're also a tad heavy :lol:

Well the wait is almost over t-minus .............
How much did THAT cost? :shock:

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:42 am

Sorry to be picky, but I think you mean "kauri". :)

You kind-of say it like kouri, though. Like Moog!

Ahh, good old New Zealand.