Anyone Get their Moog Vo Guitar yet?

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!

Have you received your Moog Vo signature Guitar yet?

Yes
25%
Still waiting
75%

Total votes: 8

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:29 am

latigid on wrote:Sorry to be picky, but I think you mean "kauri". :)

You kind-of say it like kouri, though. Like Moog!

Ahh, good old New Zealand.
Yep, that's what he meant...that stuff goes for $80 or more for a board foot here. :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:41 am

Latigid,I stand corrected :oops:

Not as bad as you would think Voltor,they ranged from 2800 to about 3300 clams.I have 4,plus a bass.One of the models has overdrive chorus and delay built in and all models come with overdrive.Actually one I picked up on ebay for 1800 clams.The prices are not bad condsidering the wood,plus Jah Lang makes his own pickups.Check out his website,all of my guitars are shown there. www.langcaster.com
Sorry dont know how to do the linky thing.
You can never have too many musical instruments.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:29 am

Now, if Moog collaborated with Langcaster...THAT would be something! :shock: Beautiful! Words aren't good enough to describe those guitars! And for the price of a Gibson? Unheard of! :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:23 pm

Gamaliel,

Call Moog on Monday, they may still be able to do the inlay markers on the neck. They haven't started on mine yet, so I think that they can do the same for you, when they do mine next week. Talk to Heidi.

Theremint

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:43 pm

Many thanks Theremint,I'll give it a try :D

Voltar,I'd love to have a Langcaster moog guitar,it'd prolly cost more than the zions that they're using now,but well worth the price.As it is these Langcasters sound even better than they look.The built in overdrive is one of the best I've heard,and my fx langcaster with the chorus ,dd and od is killa :)

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:02 pm

Have you guys ever heard about these guitars?

http://www.jamestrussart.com/

Imagine the Pickup in something like this:

This guitar looks like something that bluesmen summon from the depths of hell at the crossroads.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:19 pm

EricK,I was going to order a steel deville with piezo and Page switching but the moog guitar came up.With the options I wanted it would have costed around 5880 clams.I had actually called trussart and that day I got the email from moog.I think the trussart would be a great choice,along with the Langcasters for moog upgrade.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:57 pm

I know someone who ordered the exact model pictures above and supposedly he will let me play it.

FWIW, he uses a Vox amo that he pulled the pots out after dialing in the sounds that he wants.

Id drop the Moog pickups in a squire strat just to be able to play one lololol.

Eric

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:00 pm

EricK wrote:Have you guys ever heard about these guitars?

http://www.jamestrussart.com/

Imagine the Pickup in something like this:

This guitar looks like something that bluesmen summon from the depths of hell at the crossroads.
Steampunk at its finest! All it needs are some gears. :shock:

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:02 pm

No thats a bluesmans guitar and the price for it is his soul.

Comes straight up from the Mississippi soil hot to the touch.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:54 pm

EricK wrote:No thats a bluesmans guitar and the price for it is his soul.

Comes straight up from the Mississippi soil hot to the touch.
Oh...it's Chuck Norris' guitar...that makes sense. :lol:

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:30 pm

I despise Chuck Norris more and more each passing day lolol.

:lol:

Eric

Stuartpa

Got it at last :lol:

Post by Stuartpa » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:42 pm

:lol:

Well what do you know, the Fed-ex guy showed up last Friday with my long awaited Axe.

Advice, check it out thoroughly just for little things but I think they have a rush going to get these out as quick as they can, and the front strap holder was missing from mine. Still no big deal, its the guitar I wanted. I would have preferred at least a medium gauge string set as opposed to the heavy set it came with, but that's OK, even with the heavies it plays like a dream. They recommend you try it out without plugging it into the Amp first of all, just to get the feel of the strings working y themselves, truly amazing. The piezo output it good, a little on the sharp side but easily modded outboard. It is really nice to be able to play just using the Piezo output, yet still have all the Vo power working for you. This is a unique experience and well worth the wait. Give it some time and don't judge it on the first 5 minutes you have it. So it looks a bit like another famous brand, who cares. This is the first major modification to the electric guitar for decades. (Don't include all the digital stuff, we all know what that can do) it's the analogue that counts, everything else is a sim of some sort. This is for real, you will love it. It does mean a change in playing style and finger pickers are going to adore this thing.

Stuart

P.S.
May you all get your Axes to grind before Christmas.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:40 pm

Congratulations! So it really IS as amazing as everyone says! Cool! :mrgreen: