Thoughts on the control pedal CV input

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
georgeludwig

Thoughts on the control pedal CV input

Post by georgeludwig » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:10 pm

I see the control pedal has a CV input, but it's unclear how that's used in conjunction with the foot pedal. I.e., does the CV signal over-ride the foot pedal? Or is it possible to use the foot pedal to control one function (e.g. harmonic balance) while using the CV input to control a different one (e.g. filter cutoff)?

Just wondering...

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:05 am

Hey there georgeludwig,

Being that you can see the CV input on the pedal, I'm guessing that you have delivery of your guitar? If so, how goes it?

Theremint

georgeludwig

Post by georgeludwig » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:10 pm

Unfortunately, I have not received delivery. I was referring to the picture of the pedal on the Moog site.

But Oct. 3 is rapidly approaching...hopefully there will not be another delay!

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:21 am

Oh, OK. I too, am hoping mine comes in soon, as the guitar shop will have had an almost full payment for a few months while I have no Moog guitar. I just don't want to bug Moog though. I'm sure they're getting a lot of calls about deliveries. Poor guys, they're probably stressed to the max right now and I'd rather they do a good job on producing these and waiting a bit longer, then getting them too soon in a production that was rushed. I have my own reasons to believe that the Vo Moog guitar is going to be a VERY limited production run. Therefore the value of these should stay high. Although somehow the more I watch the youtube clips about the guitar, the less interesting the guitar is seeming to be. Great guitar, but maybe all this waiting is making me wonder if "the thrill is gone."
Hope the anticipation isn't greater then the realization. But enough of me flapping my gums here. I will think positive and am sure I'll enjoy the guitar as another in my collection that has its specific sound/uses.

Theremint

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:03 pm

I know it's a hellish wait,I paid in full for the aqua at Sweetwater,I'm number 2 there.Looking at Sweetwaters website,the emerald green and navy should be at the warehouse today or tomorrow shipped the same day.I think a few of the other colours will be also shipped as well.

I know how hard the wait is,I have a midi guitarviol from Jonathan Wilson Designs that took almost a year.Plus I have what we call a guitarcello that took over a year.The guitarcello is a bowed fretless 5 string that is inbetween a cello tuning and a baritone guitar.

These instruments were well worth the wait,I trust that the Moog Guitar is also well worth the wait :) At least I hope so,I bought a s+*t load of pedals and a Chicago Blues Box Buddy Guy amp to play it thru,LOL!!!!

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:21 pm

You see how much those EW Pros are going for on craigslist, even a model D.......ill bet that those guitars will auction off for double that amount.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

georgeludwig

Post by georgeludwig » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:00 pm

I just spoke with my Sweetwater guy, and now he says delivery dates from Moog are vague. This time, it's "maybe the second week of October".

It's all good. I've got plenty of other guitars to amuse me until then. Plus I'm working on getting a killer looping rig together. After I get the guitar I'm taking at least a week (if not two) off of work so I can play the sh*t out of this thing.

Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:31 am

Well that saves me a call to my Sweetwater guy LOL. I was planning to get real sick for a few weeks myself :lol: