Sorry, but, could this guitar be any uglier?

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:19 pm

BetterThanVoltor wrote:To begin with, it should have the circuits from the 102 and 103, either wired for parallel or serial configuration.

Who is mocking?

I have Moog shoelaces!
First off, it already has six Moog filters. You have Moog shoelaces? I have a Moog army hat, Captain Analog t-shirt, a custom LP, which you'll never see another one exactly like, I have a Model D filter clone coming in modular format, as well as a Model D envelope generator module. You have shoelaces? I have more fashion sense in one finger than you have in your whole being! :twisted: I also have surpassed Chuck Norris for epic posting, as he only has one post that counts as six hundred. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:22 pm

BetterThanVoltor wrote:
Voltor07 wrote:
eo ire itum wrote:I really think it's beautiful.

Take a look at this picture I ran across today...

http://www.uncrate.com/men/gear/musical ... og-guitar/

I love it.

:D
That is the most flattering picture I have ever seen of ANY guitar! :shock:
It is true that guitar is flattering, but its all about the functions. It is not up to my standards :( . Maybe the next one will be :D

How do you like that 104sd? Man Ive been looking to get my hands on one of those.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Jrayk Roze

Post by Jrayk Roze » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:10 am

Voltor07 wrote:
BetterThanVoltor wrote:
Voltor07 wrote:

I love it.

It is true that guitar is flattering, but its all about the functions. It is not up to my standards :( . Maybe the next one will be :D
You have one! Not up to your standards? I'm confused. WHY MUST YOU MOCK ME!? :shock:
This forum just got 14.5% better.
Voyager Old School #0005, Etherwave #18321, Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, CP-251, and a Nord Lead 2X

BetterThanVoltor

Post by BetterThanVoltor » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:10 am

EricK wrote:
BetterThanVoltor wrote:
Voltor07 wrote:

I love it.

How do you like that 104sd? Man Ive been looking to get my hands on one of those.

Eric
The SD is great, I got it from Nova back in the day. I also have 2 104z delays. I use them on the short setting mostly. The SD distorts on higher delay settings. It really depends on what you want. If you really need the longer times, it is great.
I have been using a Kurzweil Mangler for delays, aslo, just last night, I was using a Nord G2 with voltage controlled (digital) delays.

There really are many options.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:24 am

BetterThanVoltor wrote:

The SD is great, I got it from Nova back in the day. I also have 2 104z delays. I use them on the short setting mostly. The SD distorts on higher delay settings. It really depends on what you want. If you really need the longer times, it is great.
I have been using a Kurzweil Mangler for delays, aslo, just last night, I was using a Nord G2 with voltage controlled (digital) delays.

There really are many options.
O RLY? Have any videos of this awesome gear? :D
BTW...if you really want more posts than me, just quote every single post I've made and throw in a few of your own. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

trixielaines

Post by trixielaines » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:36 pm

yah its a nice guitar. you can just change the color or add any kind of design,, like a metal design so that it will look like a rock star..

Punkai Music Rockz - www.Punkai.com

tyrannosaurus mark

Post by tyrannosaurus mark » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:51 am

Moog has had a reasonably coherent aesthetic to all their stuff, but the moog guitar is the exception. You couldn't perform most genres of music on this guitar because you'd look dumb.

If they just put all the cool electronics into something standard like a Strat or LP, then more players might consider it. As it is it looks more closely related to an active Ibanez guitar than a Moog synth. Personally, I'm super disappointed.

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:27 pm

"Holly crap did you hear what that guitarist just did on that ugly guitar!!"

I don't give a flying F-bomb what it looks like if it sounds good. I think I'll have to get the hot pink one so no one steals it.

:P
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:47 pm

I agree, if the guitar sounds great, who gives a *)/@# what it looks like.

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:59 am

Alien8 wrote:"Holly crap did you hear what that guitarist just did on that ugly guitar!!"

I don't give a flying F-bomb what it looks like if it sounds good. I think I'll have to get the hot pink one so no one steals it.

:P
Great quote Alien8! Let the posers & kiddies worry about how the thing looks - the caliber of artists and musicians who will buy and perform music on it probably don't give a rat's @$$ how it looks... Btw, I actually like it's style, especially in the candy apple red, and if Moog ever adds a hex pickup & 13-pin synth interface jack, I'll order one the same day, in whatever color they happen have on the shelf. I still have not heard an actual reason why they can't do a bolt-on version. I think if it was priced closer to $2k, quite a few more folks would buy one.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:23 am

I like the E-1's looks a lot better than the Vo guitar's. :D

Theremint

Post by Theremint » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:29 am

Superd2112. I agree. If Moog ever comes out with a 13 pin version I'd buy it even if it were only available in pink with green polka-dots in molded guitar hero plastic with cattle horns sticking out of the head stock.

tyrannosaurus mark

Post by tyrannosaurus mark » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Life should be beautiful! Unfortunately the moog guitar is not :(

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:00 am

What if it looked like this? Your thoughts?
(this was submitted by a customer)

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:49 am

I would take a saw to the upper black wing and amputate it.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney