Ferraris

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
Gamaliel

Post by Gamaliel » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:23 am

I agree dada,and I hope the abilites justfy the cost because I ordered one,LOL!!!!

But I also had the first synthi hi-fly in the USA and paid about 800.00 clams 1970's dollar's for it.I bought it at Manny's here in NYC and it was supposed to go to Eric Clapton,but he didn't leave a deposit and I got it because I paid cash for it.Sorry Eric if yer reading this,but Jimmy the sales person I had bought all my gear from assured me that more were coming in the next day.

800.00 clams in the 70's was alot of money,my gr-300 cost me I think around 1500.00 and my gr 700 was in the ballpark of 2000.00

You pay to be in first of the line especially with new technogy's.

I had been planning to buy another custom guitar as my last swansong,at least for electric guitars.I had priced a James Trussart and that was going to cost me 5990.00,around the same price as the Moog.I can justify buying a guitar that expensive because it would of custom elements not found on many guitars.

What I do find appauling is these so called master built guitars that Fender is putting out.I got a flyer from a major guitar mill that had a masterbuilt hybred tele/strat for 5990.00 clams.No exotic wood,just candy apple red with 3 strat pups,hand wound,5 way switch and s1 wiring,and a tele body :roll:

And then theres the artist clones that go up to 25000.00 clams.Spending big money doesn't mean yer gonna sound like Eddie V or SRV.What the nicotine stains in the precise spot makes a difference in tone?????